Archiving Mail in Outlook
Outlook Add-In for Archiving
Using the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-In
- Synchronization of your archived folders with Outlook
- Search for archived messages and other Microsoft Outlook data, such as Contacts
- View and interact with (forward, reply to, etc.) all of your archived Outlook items
- Message Attachments
- Archive messages
These functions are available directly from within Outlook, allowing transparent access to your messages and attachments, all with no browser interaction required. All that is needed is a network connection to your organization’s mail server and to the Barracuda Message Archiver.
Logging In to Archive
- The URI: 10.9.80.50
- Your complete email address, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your network password, same as your email password
Once you enter these details and click OK, Microsoft Outlook automatically remembers your login credentials, and there is no need to enter this information again unless you change your password. If you forget your password or are unable to access the Barracuda Message Archiver Outlook Add-in, contact your system administrator. Messages will be automatically archived.
- Look for drop-down menu – Select the type of item you wish to search for; select Any type of Item, Appointments, Contacts, Messages, Notes, or Tasks. In drop-down list – Select the search location: o All data – Search everywhere in the selected item type o
- Specific folders – Click to Specific folders, or click Browse to select one or more folders across all of your Archiver stores in which to search; click OK to save your selections