3rd Grade News
Announcements & Other Exciting Things
- February book orders will be coming home sometime this week or next. They will be due on Friday, February 26th.
- I'm still missing a few progress reports so please get those signed and returned. I just need the front page back!
- Your child can bring a Valentine's box for our Valentine's Party. Please keep the size to about a shoe box. There won't be a contest or anything so no need to go crazy :)
- Our classroom Valentine's Day party will be on Friday, February 12th at 2:45. More information will be coming to your email inbox soon!
Reading/ Language Arts
Some skills we will be learning and reviewing this week are:
- Compare and Contrast
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Reading Ahead
- Comparative Adjectives
Our vocabulary words this week are:
February reading logs and Book It goals are in take home folders! I will collect the reading logs on Tuesday, March 1.
At home, please continue to work with your student on their basic facts in all 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). Flash cards work well, as do the many iPhone and iPad apps available for free!
Science/ Social Studies
- Expo markers
- Sandwich size Ziplock bags
- Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Packing tape
- Glue Sticks
- Cap erasers