Pride of the Tribe
Week of November 5, 2018
A great read on how to get students engaged in the learning. Put it into practice and share your results!
TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE INFORMATION
- It is due February 28, 2019, by 4:30 pm. (Every certified teacher is required to participate.)
- It should be posted outside your door as well as on your website on the Welcome page.
- It must be based on a Performance Assessment (PA) from TEKS Resource System unless your subject doesn't have any PAs (ie Fine Arts).
- It must be a student creation; we have 2nd-grade students AppSmashing (using 2 or more apps to create a final product), so our expectations are growing!
Tammy will be sharing different tools you can use with the PAs as well as daily in your class for students to create. We will be talking more about it, but I wanted it on your radar. This isn't something you should stop and do; it should be something you are doing in your curriculum at any time in the first four six-weeks of school (plus a little more). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.
Example based on PA - https://goo.gl/Ggiy2r
IEPs and 504 Accommodations
IEP regulations and 504 accommodations are important and MUST be followed. If you do not understand how to provide an accommodation please ask. We will work together to derive at a solution. Mrs. Sperry and Ms. Crisp are excellent resources and are willing to provide direction when it comes to accommodations. Don't wait until you need it, be PROACTIVE!
Nuts & Bolts
- Grades must be posted by 8:00 am on November 5th. Grade Verification forms must be returned to Mrs. Clark by Tuesday, 8:00 am. Make sure parents have been contacted before grades are posted.
- Make sure you are at your door greeting students during passing periods. Your presence helps keep our hallways safe and orderly.
- Dress Code - Half-shirts seem to be coming back! No half-shirts!
- College Door Competition - November 6th is right around the corner! Dr. Sandra will be judging the doors.
- 45 Minute Evaluations - If you are ready to get it done, email your appraiser with a date. We will begin sending two-week windows for you to schedule. Please remember a pre-conference form/meeting will need to be completed before the evaluation can be conducted.
Opportunity To Earn Extra Money!
My name is Daniel Thompson, and I am the Director of WorkReady Texas. Our company provides Pre-Employment services for students with disabilities and we are beginning services at Sanger High school beginning in January. Part of our services include an after school Work Experience and we are looking job coaches to assist the students at job sites in the community. The work schedule is Monday-Thursday from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm. The pay is $25-30 per hour. I attached a job description for your review. Please contact me by email if you are interested in an interview.
- Professional Development, 9-4
- Math/Science Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- ASVAB Results @ 9:00am
- Volleyball Playoffs vs Kennedale @ Eaton HS, 7:00pm
- English/SS Department Meetings @ 7:45am
- Faculty Meeting @ 7:45am - Dyslexia 101 with Ms. Steele
- Boys basketball scrimmage @ LD Bell
- 9th/JV/V Football vs Anna HS @ SHS, 5:00pm
- Veterans Day Luncheon
- Girls Basketball @ Lake Dallas
- V Football vs Anna @ Anna, 7:00pm
- All State Pre-Choir Contest @ SHS
- Girls Basketball Tournament @ SHS