Glen Ellyn School District 41
In this issue…
- Saliva Sample Collection Schedule
- Reminders from School Nurses
- 8th Grade FLES Success
- Dual Language Info for Incoming Kindergartners
- DEI Project Community Listening Session
- Valentine’s Day Boxes Presented by the D41 Kids Foundation
Saliva Sample Collection Schedule for the Week of February 1
Monday, February 1
8th, 5th, Kindergarten
Tuesday, February 2
7th, 4th, 1st
Wednesday, February 3
6th, 3rd, 2nd, PreK/Early Childhood
Click here for the latest data on the D41 COVID-19 dashboard.
Important Reminders from our D41 Nurses
- Please remember to self certify your child through the Skyward app before sending them to school each day.
- Please keep your child home if they are not feeling well and report the absence on our attendance line and/or to the school nurse. You can expect the school nurse to reach out to you with details regarding paperwork that is required to return to school. A few things to keep in mind:
- Even just a clear runny nose or headache can be a sign of COVID-19.
- We cannot accept a negative saliva test or negative Rapid test as diagnostic. It must be the RT-PCR COVID test or a note from a doctor with an alternate diagnosis to return to school.
- If your child has a chronic condition like seasonal allergies, migraines, etc, please get us a note from their doctor explaining the ongoing symptoms.
- Remember, all siblings are required to stay home while awaiting the diagnosis of the sick student.
- Our local health department is still advising that schools use the 14 day quarantine for students who are a close contact to a positive case. Until we hear otherwise, schools will not be lowering the quarantine period for students to the optional 10 days that the CDC has published.
- We are getting our direction from the DuPage County Health Department and all schools in the county should be following these same guidelines. Thank you for being understanding and patient with these strict rules so that we may keep everyone safe and remain in person learning.
8th Grade FLES Cohort Spanish Success
Dual Language Incoming Kindergartners 2021-22
Next month, District 41 will post and announce a parent video with information about our Dual Language program for incoming kindergarteners. The video will provide an overview of our Dual Language program, introduce Dual Language teachers, and offer details about how to apply for the program. Due to pandemic practices this year, the video is replacing the traditional in-person meeting. The video’s availability will be announced in an upcoming District Digest newsletter.
DEI Project Community Listening Session this Saturday
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Project in Glen Ellyn will host a community listening session on Saturday, January 30, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Learn about the next steps that the community has decided to take based on the data compiled from the Glen Ellyn DEI Project events. Click here to register.
D41 Kids Foundation Announces Hometown Valentine’s Boxes
Love your town. Love your schools!
Receive Text Messages from District 41
District 41 will use text messaging to share timely information and emergency communications. You can now opt in to receive these important text messages from District 41. Text Y or Yes to 67587.