Weekly News & Notes - June 10th - 14th
Upcoming Events . . .
- Talent show – 7:00 PM in the Dining Room
5th Grade Field Trip Meeting for Students - 2 PM in the Dining Room - Parents welcome to attend
- 5th grade Spelling Bee – 1:45 PM
- 5th grade to Independence Hall & the Constitution Center
- Sports "Phanatic" Spirit Day (rescheduled from June 14th)
- Field Day
- Picnic-style lunch
- 6th grade promotion @ 7:00 PM
- End of year parties @ 2:00 PM
- 6th grade breakfast @ 8:45 AM
- Early Dismissal
- No AM Kindergarten
Field Day - Rescheduled . . .
Field Day has been rescheduled for Friday, June 14th.
Feel free to join us for the fun-filled day! You can watch your child(ren) perform a variety of outside field day events such as tug-of-war and relay races. Your child(ren) will travel as a grade level to 10 event stations throughout the day beginning at 9:20 am through 1:55 pm. Please note: PM Kindergarten will join AM Kindergarten for Field Day events. Kindergarten Events will be held on the grassy area by the main office.
Here are some Field Day tips:
- Dress in your team color -Black or Gold …Be Creative
- Apply Sunscreen
- Bring a water bottle (put name on it)
- Wear sneakers - students WILL NOT be permitted to participate in Field day unless they have proper footwear.This is a full day of physical activity.
We look forward to a fun-filled day!!!
Thank You . . .
Earlier this week, Titus teachers, students & staff celebrated all of the wonderful volunteers that made this year such a great year. Every day amazing things happen at Titus, and all of our volunteers play a role in their occurrence. Thank you for a wonderful year!
I would also like to thank the Volunteer Tea Committee - Miss Anderson, Mrs. Gillen, Mrs. Silvers, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Radomski, Mrs. Ross & Miss Yorczyk.
Well Deserved . . .
On Wednesday, June 5th, the Central Bucks School District held its annual retirement & recognition ceremony. During the ceremony one of our own received some well-deserved recognition. Miss Kim Anderson, was recognized for her time and efforts put into this year's Science Fun Day. During the event, each student and over 150 parent volunteers had the opportunity to play scientist for an entire day! There were smiles and learning around every corner of Titus during Science Fun Day. Miss Anderson's dedication to science, Titus and our students made for a very productive and memorable learning experience for so many.
Looking Good . . .
Titus would like to express a very BIG thank you to the families, staff, local businesses and even some recent alumni for all of the efforts on a very HOT morning. Last Saturday, June 1st, a small army of Titus friends turned out to "spruce" up the front garden beds and one of our courtyards. Weeds were pulled, rocks were moved, ten yards of mulch spread, and a lot of water was consumed! It was a great testament to the community and their support of our school. I hope you enjoy the fruits of their labor as much as we do. It was truly a labor of love!
Special thanks goes to:
- The Dallmer Family, The Cooper Family, The Mills Family, The Robbins Family, The Johnson/Baker Family, Mrs. Donofrio
- Kaitlyn Barnhart, Emily Cooper, Lauren Crim, Laura Robinson, Kendall Zerman
- The Harvey Family , Warrington Fire Company, Village Bagel, Victory Gardens
News from the Kitchen . . .
Letters have recently been sent home to families carrying balances on their lunch accounts. To ensure the end of the year runs smoothly, we ask that ALL families handle any outstanding balances associated with your lunch accounts. The cafeteria staff can deny a request to charge further meals once a balance is incurred.
Thank you for you attention to this matter.
Home & School Association:
The 2013-2014 Executive Board . . .
We are very excited to announce the Home & School Board for 2013-2014. Elections were held during the general meeting on May 29th, and the results are as follows:
- President - Michele Peacock
- Co-President - Tracey Mills
- Co-Vice Presidents - Bonnie Baker and Kate Lockwood
- Treasurer - Ellyn Baratz
- Assistant Treasurer - Kerry Veith
- Recording Secretary - Cyndi Camacho
- Corresponding Secretary - Susan Murphy
- At-Large Member - Anita Willbanks
Also, our Parent Advisory Board Representative will be Kristen Margraff, and the Hospitality Chairperson will be Cyndi Camacho. Thank you for volunteering your time to support Titus Elementary School and the community it serves. Here's to a great year!
CALLING ALL 5TH GRADE PARENTS!
The 5th grade parents are hosting a reception for the 6th graders and their families after their promotion ceremony, the evening of June 18th. Any help that you could give with donation of a dessert/ beverage or helping set-up, serve, or clean-up would be greatly appreciated. Remember~ next year we'll be the parents of 6th graders! Here is the link to our VolunteerSpot page http://vols.pt/sXaqRU.
All you need to do is 1) Click the link, 2) Enter your email address, and 3) Sign up for your spots. VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy! (Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually).
Box Tops - A Year in Review . . .
What a year it has been . . .
- This year we collected 47,939 Box Tops, which generated $4,548 for Titus’ Home and School Association.
- Congratulations to Miss Gieseler’s 6th grade class for winning the Rita’s Water Ice contest. Thank you to the following members of the Box Tops committee for all their help throughout the year in counting all those Box Tops: Kris Richard, Kris Hallgren, Carlee Shultz, Pam Shetler, Dodi Boone-Harvey, Lori Zoolalian, Scott Rieber, Megan Durkin, Kim Malizia, Ellen Baratz, Chris Jordan, Shani Guziewicz, Donna Dorozinsky, Anne Magliaro, Patty Dallmer, Ingrid Chmielewski and Michele Iglesias-Schanbacher.
Please keep collecting Box Tops over the summer and we will begin collecting them again in September.