2015-16 Elm Beginning Band
PARENT HELP THIS WEEK, PLEASE!
1. please help your student bookmark our beginning band website on the computer or tablet they have access to at home. click below or use qr code to the right.
2. please send payment for notebook/smart music in envelope (inside cover of notebook)
$39.00 for Notebook and Smart music - for first time band members
$ 3.00 for Notebook - if you already own Smart Music for an older sibling, they can share the subscription
Cash or checks made payable to District 181, envelope in front pocket of band notebook.
For families new to Smart Music: Fill out short form on the envelope so I can help your child set up their Smart Music account. We will need:
1) an email address (yours OR your students' non D181 address)
2) a user name
3) password your child will remember
Special note to families that already own the software - on the envelope, please provide the user name, password & email that your older student uses. I will show your child how to add themselves to the account.
3. sign your child's practice record each week
4. enroll in remind 101
The easiest way to join is by text:
5. Add the following dates to your family 2016 calendar:
Mondays = Band Days = bring your instrument & supplies
September 14th - EARLY BAND MEETING - lessons during the day
September 21st - NO EARLY BAND - lessons only during the day
September 28th - NO EARLY BAND - lessons only during the day
October 5th - EARLY BAND BEGINS @ 7:45 am + lessons during the day
Every Monday going forward will be early band at 7:45 am & lessons
Rehearsals at HMS, students are bused over
Tuesdays - Jan 12 & 19, Apr 26 & May 3: 2:30-3:45 (perc only stays until 4:30 pm)
Percussion only - Jan 5 & April 19 - 3:30-4:30 pm
Concerts at HMS in the gym
Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 7:00 pm