Miss Marney's Class May 9 , 2016
Field Trip Information
- Lunch: If you signed up for a school lunch it will be in the classroom
- We are leaving at 9:00, please don't be late
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. We will be outside all day and walking.
- If it is a warm day you might want to put sunscreen on your child.
Parent Satisfaction Survey
Marshmallow Towers and Roller Coasters
Our final unit for the year is using arrays to show repeated addition. For example, if you have a picture of 4 groups of 4 then the addition sentence would be 4 + 4 + 4 +4=16.
Skills that can still be reviewed:
- time to 5 minutes
- counting by 5's forwards and backwards
- adding facts up to 20
- place value number of tens and ones in a problem
- subtraction facts up to 20
- subtracting and adding 2 digit with 2 digit numbers
Front Row Math, Reading and Word Study
Fun math games for practice
Writing and Reading
The Kansas Library has free digital books. If you go to this page you can click on many different types. The one we use in class the most is Tumble books.
Recycle those dried out markers
All around Starside students and teachers will be collecting used markers that are ready to be discarded. The markers will be sent to a facility where they will be converted into clean fuel. This fuel can be used to power vehicles, heat homes, cook meals and more!
Please help support our efforts by sending your kids in with any used markers you may have around the house – even non-Crayola brands, dry erase markers, and highlighters. Drop-off boxes will be located in your student’s classroom for your child to deposit the markers.
Summer Reading Opportunity
Follow the Activities of Our Class on Social Media
- Class Twitter account @StarsideMarney.
- Text Messages from me when you text @missmarn to 81010. When you sign up, your child will get a pencil from me.
- You can also follow Starside @StarsideComets
Extended Absence Reminder
Please be sure to let the office know when your student will be absent for an extended period. You will need to complete our Extended Absence Request Form. This helps your child’s teacher to prepare work and plan for your child’s absence. It also assists our office maintain accurate attendance reporting. Forms are located in the Starside office.