Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! December 4, 2015
While I love getting gifts, I ask that you please don't purchase anything for me. If you would like to purchase an item for the classroom that would be GREAT! Card games, board games, or legos for indoor recess would be awesome. Goodwill often has gently used games for a few dollars each. I will leave the gifts under our tree and the students can open them on the 18th.
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
- Reading: We are still reviewing comparing and contrasting as we read
- Writing: We will continue working on using colons and semi colons in our writing
- Math: We will continue our Geometry chapter and review percent off and sales tax
- Science We will start Chapter 4...more on matter and energy
- Vocabulary/Spelling words for next week: garland, aroma, boughs, Bethlehem, candles, companionship, epiphany, embrace, fervor, gourmet
Dec. 7th Winter Program 1:15pm & 6:00pm Grades: K, 2, 4, 6
Dec. 14th and 15th- Santa's Workshop
Dec. 18th- End of 2nd Grading period.
Please check out these 2 new website below for practicing Math and Reading Skills!
This site contains current event stories with a 4 question quiz at the end. Great way for allowing students to read topics they like and test their Comprehension! All students have a username and password to log on!
Many students are still struggling with converting fractions, decimals and percents. If you have time above is a free website that you and your child can review!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.