Principal's Corner #1
August 9, 2019
Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller
Our Staff can really ROAR!
- To ALL OF YOU for the dedication you have to our students, families and each other. The positive energy in our building has been felt by so many, and I want to thank you for an amazing start to the 2019-20 school year; this truly feels like a year of opportunities.
- To Alison for jumping in at the last minute and getting right to work on our safety maps and folders. We are so fortunate to have you.
- To Angel and Joan for working hard while I flew solo entering into work week. You both stepped up and really helped get us ready for work week. I don't know what I would do without you.
- To Ken for all the time and energy you have put into getting our building ready for staff and our students. THANK YOU!
- To Matthew and Darren D. for helping helping problem solve solutions. The collaboration and teamwork is to be commended.
- To Sarah H. for preparing the innovation space for Bellview last minute at the end of last year and working hard to adjust to her new position.
- To Karen, Andrea and our B&A staff for running a VERY smooth summer program for our students. You were organized, prepared and I appreciate you!
- To Amy, Kristina, Jackie, Jennifer, Kelli, Brooke, Lisa G, Lisa I, Rebecca, Lauren and Kori for helping lead breakout sessions. I hope you all found the sessions to be helpful and personalized to your interests.
Educator Initiative Grants
The Cherry Creek Schools Foundation office is excited to open the Educator Initiative Grants application process for the 2019-20 school year. Educator Initiative Grants (EIG) are designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize and reward creative and INNOVATIVE instructional approaches used to accomplish program objectives and enhance the learning experience of students.
The link can be found at: https://www.ccsdfoundation.org/grants/educator-initiative-grants along with some helpful information.
- Grant requests up to $1,000.00 will be considered.
- Any requests for computer hardware or software will be reviewed for compatibility with existing district technology.
- Grants are open to all district educators.
- Deadline for submission will be Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm.
Grant writing workshops will be held on:
- Thursday, August 22nd will be at ISF Room 102 4-5PM
- Tuesday, August 27th will be at ESC Room 147 4-5PM
Questions, please call the Foundation office, 720-554-4429.
Taking care of your emotional health is important. Now with myStrength you can get 24/7 support from the privacy of your computer or mobile device. myStrength is a free web and mobile resource full of personalized tools to improve your mood and manage life’s ups and downs. You'll find programs to help with stress, depression, anxiety, substance use, chronic pain and more. Brand new to myStrength is a Pregnancy and Early Childhood Parenting module. Plus, access hundreds of articles and videos on topics to help you stay strong and healthy.
Sign up today:
- Go to www.mystrength.com and click “Sign Up” or download the mobile app.
- Enter Access Code: CCSD5 or CCSDfamily
- Register with an email address.
SAVE THE DATE
Monday, August 12: Board of Education Meeting, 7:00PM at Campus Middle School
Tuesday, August 13: Para Meeting, 9:15AM
Tuesday, August 13: Katie out in PM
Wednesday, August 14: First Day of Kindergarten
Wednesday, August 14: I IMAGINE Author Visit, 5th Grade 12:00PM
Thursday, August 15: Band/Orchestra Demonstration 9:00AM, 3rd-5th Grade
Friday, August 16: ROAR Assembly, K-5 2:30PM in the Gym
Wednesday, August 21: Katie out in the AM (Riley Starts Kindergarten!)
Friday, August 23: Katie out in the AM (EPC)
Friday, August 23: Run For Funds Assembly, 1:30 PM in the Gym
Thursday, August 29: Gifted and Talented Parent Night, 5:00 PM in the Gym