Leonardo da Vinci
By: Jack Beauchesne
- Leonardo was born on April 15th, 1452 in Vinci, Italy.
- He spent most of his time in Milan, Italy.
- He studied many things having to do with art, like drawing.
- He was all over the place and would travel to many different places. He was middle class.
- His patrons were people who liked and supported his artwork.
The Mona Lisa
- This piece was created between 1503-1506.
- It is in a museum known as the Louvre in Paris, France.
- This is da Vinci's most known piece of art. People think it is a very big picture but it is really small.
- I find this piece interesting because I wonder what's behind her expression.
- I think this painting represents humanism because da Vinci finds a new way of painting. (Oil on Wood)
N.d. Wikipedia. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
Picture of Mona Lisa - Mona Lisa. 1503-1506. Louvre, Paris, France. Leonardo Da Vinci. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
Biography in Context Information - "Leonardo da Vinci." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998.Biography in Context. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
ArtStor Information - AR: Leonardo da Vinci
TI: Mona Lisa
DS: Musée du Louvre
DS: Inv. 779