Roman name : Minerva
GOD OF WISDOM, WAR, AND CRAFTS
- Olive Tree
- She was very smart
- She was very powerful when it came to war.
- She is also a good peace maker
- She was very jealous
- She didn't show any emotions around anyone, especially men
- Reason rules her
- Strategic in war
- She was the daughter of Zeus and Metis.
- Her uncles were POseidon and Hades and her aunts were Demeter and Hestia
- She has 3 half-brothers and 2 half-sisters ( Apollo, Hermes, Artemis, Hera, and Hephaestus)
3 Interesting Facts
- She was born in Zeus' head
- She invented the brittle, the trumpet, the flute, the bot, the rake, the plow, the yoke, the ship, and the chariot
- When Athena and Poseidon both wanted Athens, the gods told them that whoever makes the most useful thing for the city, that they can have it. Poseidon make a saltwater spring flow, and Athena planted a olive tree. Athena ended up winning
- "Athena's Family Tree." Prezi.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2016.
- Napoli, Donna Jo, and Christina Balit. Treasury of Greek Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Heroes & Monsters. Washington: National Geographic Society, 2011. Print.
- Temple, Teri, and Robert Squier. Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, War, and Crafts. Mankato, MN: Childs World, 2013. Print.