4th Grade Happenings: Week 13
Reagan Elementary - Leander Independent School District
Week of November 17, 2014
WELCOME TO THE 4TH GRADE!
Karen & Stephanie
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING THIS WEEK?
- sequencing non-fiction
- Sitton List 11- Spell Check on THURSDAY 11/20
- Skill Focus: soft syllable endings er, or, ar (color, dollar, matter)
- Skill Focus: contractions
- comparing, composing, and decomposing fractions & mixed fractions
- finish Early Texans research - people of the Mountains & Basins
Science: Making Connections
- magnetic force
- simple circuits - lighting a bulb
- finish Personal Narrative #2
- comparing & contrasting personal narrative & expository texts
- grammar focus - transition words
OUR CURRENT WEEK
Monday 11/17 -
- yellow specials day
- math homework sheet due to math teacher
- reading homework due (logged online by 5:00 Sunday 11/16 or handwritten summary & minutes read turned in during class today)
- bookfair opens for sales at 2:45
- green specials day
- bookfair family night - open until 6:00
- blue specials day - no library for LaCombe due to bookfair
- purple specials day - no library for Beasley due to bookfair
- Thanksgiving lunch (see information below)
- Spell Check over Sitton List #11 - early this week
- red specials day
- bookfair sales end at 11:30
For which specials (PE, Performing Arts, Visual Art, Library) your child goes to on what day, please see the Our Town website under "Specials Schedule".
ON THE HORIZON - Upcoming Dates
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
New items from the previous week's newsletter are in italics below.
Until Thursday, December 11th
- Reagan Pajama Drive - see details below
Monday - Friday 11/24 - 11/28
- Thanksgiving Break, NO SCHOOL
- 5th Grade Business Fair - during specials
- Holiday Parties; more information closer to date
Monday - Friday 12/22 - 1/2
- Winter Break, NO SCHOOL
- End of Second Nine Weeks
HOMEWORK - Note: Two week timeframe due to Thanksgiving Break!
- Homework sheet given out in class on Monday 11/17 and due back to school Monday 12/1
- Online Reading Log & Questions - 80 minutes reading and online homework on website due Sunday evening 11/30; if you would prefer to turn in a hard copy, read 80 minutes and write a short BME (beginning-middle-end) summary on a piece of looseleaf paper. Three to five sentences, no more necessary.
- Study Sitton List 11, given in class on Monday 11/17 and checked in class on THURSDAY 11/20. List can also be found in your child's travel binder behind the "spelling" tab, by clicking the link directly below, or a soft copy is available on the Our Town website under "Spelling Homework".
- Spelling Worksheet - Contractions hunt - given out in class on 11/17 & due back in class by Monday, 12/1. Soft copy will be available on the Our Town Website if you need to print at home.
Bookfair & Thanksgiving Lunch Information
- students may ONLY go the the bookfair during lunch or after school, NOT before school unless accompanied by a parent and with teacher permission
- students MUST have money in order to go to the bookfair, they will not be permitted to go browse
- if you choose to send money with your child, please allow for tax to avoid any broken hearts or frustration
- sales begin Monday 11/17 after school and end Friday 11/21 at 11:30. Family Night is Tuesday; the fair will be open until 6:00 pm.
- if you are visiting for the Thanksgiving lunch and wish to take your child to the bookfair, please check with a teacher on duty before doing so and remember that we resume classes for the afternoon by 1:10
A few reminders about the Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday, 11/20:
- visitors are welcome to attend; visitor tickets may be purchased at the door (cash preferred)
- 4th grade has recess at 12:10 - 12:40 and lunch from 12:40 - 1:10
- both the cafeteria and the MPR (gym) will be open for seating
- lines tend to be long - arrive early and have your driver's license available to expedite check in
- parking is limited on campus; Gupton Stadium will be available for parking as well
- if you would like to take your child with you after the lunch, please check with a teacher on duty and remember that students must be checked out at the front office before leaving
Pajama Drive Information - Update
REAGAN PAJAMA DAY!
WEAR A PAIR! SHARE A PAIR!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH - THURSDAY, DECEMBER 11TH
The school pajama drive is off to a strong start! On its first day, students turned in 216 pairs of new pajamas.With your continued generosity, Mrs. Delisi's Quest classes will meet their goal of collecting 475 pajamas. Please keep bringing those new pj's in until December 11th.
Veteran's Day Assembly :: 11.13.14
Karen & Stephanie