Friedell Middle School
May 9 - 13 Newsletter
EVENTS and HAPPENINGS
- Monday is a "B" Day
- Tuesday is an "A" Day
- Wednesday is no school for students!
- Thursday is an "A" Day
- Friday is a "B" Day
Upcoming dates and events:
- May 17 - Friedell Band Concert at JM Auditorium
- May 19 - Friedell Orchestra Concert at Mayo Auditorium
- May 23 - 26 FASTBridge Screener in Academic Success
- May 25 - Farewell Friedell Event (See information below!)
- May 30 - No School for Memorial Day
- June 3 - 8th Grade Recognition (1:00 p.m.)
- June 3 - Last Day of School
- Please remember that the Hotel and Denny's are private property for the guest and patrons of those establishments. Avoid meeting your student at Denny's or the Hotel for pick-up or drop off. If need be, you may have them walk along the frontage road (there is a walking path) to the parking lots on the fairgrounds.
Farewell Friedell Event Information!
As the school year is quickly coming to a close, Friedell Middle School prepares to say farewell. As you know, on September 15, 2020, the School Board voted to repurpose the Friedell Middle School building at the end of the 2021-2022 school year. We have thoroughly enjoyed the memories, events, learning, and connections made in this wonderful place during the past 20+ years as a middle school. Friedell will always be a part of us all!
Though the time of Friedell as a middle school is coming to a close, Friedell administration, staff, students, and our amazing PTSA have come together to create an event that celebrates Friedell's memories and traditions. This event is an opportunity to bring current students, as well as students from years ago, together to remember their time at Friedell.
The event will take place on May 25, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Friedell Middle School. The event is free, and students, staff, and families of Friedell, current and prior, are invited to celebrate. Join us for food trucks (do need money to purchase), entertainment, handprint and selfie stations, and more. Friedell has limited parking; we ask that the school lot be reserved for those with limited mobility and that all others park in the park-and-ride lots south of Dennys' Restaurant. For any questions please connect with Brooke Olson at 507-328-5650, or by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to celebrating with you!
STUDENT/FAMILY TECHNOLOGY HELPDESK
The Remote Distance Learning Technical Support Team for families and students will solve for issues like:
- Support for standard softward like Microsoft Office, Adobe, G Suite
- Support for some hardware like printers, Internet, and Wi-Fi Connectivity
Families and students will be able to receive support from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays). Simply call 1-800-789-0051
This information can also be found on our district website by following this link.
Student Support Services