The Cavalier Contact
Volume 3 - Issue 1 - July 9th, 2021
A Message from the Principal
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. I enjoyed watching our Cavaliers competing at the VHSL Group 4 State Track & Field Championships at Liberty last month (pictured above). We are excited to welcome students back to the building this upcoming school year. The CHS Custodians and CCPS Maintenance staff have been hard at work getting the building ready for students throughout this summer. Our goal is the make this a great and welcoming return for students and teachers.
This is our first newsletter, of many, for the upcoming school year. Please take a moment to review this information because we already have a handful of important dates and events. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (804)633-9886 ext 5113. Thank you for helping us with the goal of all Cavaliers learning today and leading tomorrow!
Mr. Joshua Just
Caroline High School
(804)633-9886 ext 5113
Caroline High School VHSL Sports Physical Clinic
*MASKS REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS*
When: Tuesday, July 13 from 5:15-7:30
Where: Enter the back of the building near the cafeteria
What: VHSL Sports Physical for 2021-22 school year
Cost: $20 Cash or Check Only
Please print and complete your form in advance. https://www.vhsl.org/sports-medicine/physical-examination/
Here is the link to the sign up:
Time slots from 5:15p - 7:15p.
Access Code: Caroline2021
CHS Open House & Block Party
Wednesday, Aug. 11th, 2-7pm
19155 Rogers Clark Boulevard
- Open House - CHS Building - 2 to 5 pm
- Block Party - CHS Stadium & Bus Parking Lot - 5 to 7 pm
Urgent - Schedule Changes Update
Principal's Student Advisory Meeting
Wednesday, July 14th, 5pm
19155 Rogers Clark Boulevard
Cavalier Athletics Update
Attention all CHS student-athletes interested in trying out for a fall sport: Tryouts for Golf will begin on July 26. Football & Cheer begin July 29. Volleyball, Field Hockey, and Cross Country officially begin on Monday, August 2. Please wear appropriate practice clothes and bring your completed VHSL physical.
- Field Hockey- Coach Dena Kappler, email@example.com
- Cross Country- Coach JJ LaPointe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volleyball- Coach TBD
- Golf- Coach Tim Casey, email@example.com
- Cheerleading- Coach Pat Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football- Coach Doug Allison, email@example.com
As CHS teams begin out-of-season conditioning, athletes are reminded that sports physicals may expire June 30, 2021. Only physicals signed by a doctor after May 1, 2021 are valid. Make an appt. with your doctor for a 2021-22 sports physical. CHS is working to provide a sports physical clinic in late July prior to fall tryouts, but we are not sure of doctor availability. Here is a link to the physical form: https://www.vhsl.org/sports-medicine/physical-examination/More information regarding tryout times, locations, and activity bus schedules will be released in July as plans are finalized.
- Boys Basketball: 3:00-5:00 on Monday & Wednesday Starting July 12th, Coach Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Country: July 24th @ Alum Spring Park in Fredericksburg, 8:00am for a Meet-up Run
- Football: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 7:00am-10 July 12-27
- Field Hockey: Conditioning- Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am-10:00 Starting July 13th
Welcome to CHS Mrs. Markwood!!
Thursday, Aug. 5th, 6-7pm
Important Dates for the 2021-2022 SY
- 8/6/2021 - Freshmen Transition Workshop
- 8/11/2021 - CHS Open House & Block Party
- 8/16/2021 - First Day of School
- 10/1/2021 - Homecoming Football Game
- 10/2/2021 - Homecoming Dance
- 5/20/2022 - Graduation
More to be added soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cavalier Nation Information Sources
- Caroline County Public Schools Website: http://www.ccps.us/
- CHS Student Dress Code: https://www.ccps.us/chs/student-dress-code/
- Career Center: http://lhummer.blogs.ccps.us/
- Parent Teacher Resource Center: http://prc.blogs.ccps.us/
- PowerSchool Portal: https://caroline.powerschool.com/public/
- Athletics Blog with Mr. Heizer: http://pheizer.blogs.ccps.us/
- Athletics & Activities Calendar: https://www.battlefielddistrictva.org