Summit Virtual Academy
Weekly Update - Week of February 13, 2023
Happy Valentine's Day Week
This coming week includes Valentine's Day. I hope you all have the chance to show the ones you love how much you appreciate them, and they, in turn, show their appreciation of you. We are now roughly two weeks into the semester. Please be sure to get off to a strong start and pay attention to not only the "current grade," but the "course grade" and pacing guide as well. It is much easier to stay caught up from the beginning than to make up ground at the end of the semester, especially once the weather starts to get nice again and the sun starts calling. If you need help setting a daily schedule and daily goals, please reach out to the office at 248-627-1820. We are here to help!
At this point, grades should be posted in MiStar. If you are unable to see your grades or have questions, please reach out. There was a delay in grades posting at the secondary due to snow days and the completion process in Edmentum. We hope to avoid this issue with the second semester. Hopefully no snow days in June, but you never know in Michigan!
Read below for upcoming events and information on scheduling and Summit Virtual Academy applications for the 2023 2024 school year. Enjoy the mild weather this weekend, and go Blackhawks!
Upcoming Scheduling for the 2023/2024 School Year
- February 15, afternoon - Incoming 9th graders come to BHS in the afternoon for a BHS Link crew led tour of the building, programs, etc.
- February 16 at 7pm - In the BHS performing arts center, BHS administration and counseling presentation on high school curriculum and programming to the parents of incoming 9th graders
- Week of February 20 - scheduling requests begin for all students
OSTC Options for 2023
Summit Virtual Academy Application for the 2023-2024 School Year
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- February 15, All Day - Link Crew Orientation for incoming freshmen at BHS
- February 16, 7:00pm - Parent Meeting for incoming freshman regarding scheduling
- Monday, February 20 - Tuesday, February 21 _ Mid Winter Break
- Wednesday, March 01 - 2023-2024 Summit Virtual Academy applications available to complete
Food Pantry For Those in Need
Brandon School District School Closing Guidelines
Reminder of Expectations
- Expect your student to work for roughly 45-60 minutes per day, per course
- By now, you should have been reached out to by a counselor regarding your course progress. These will happen once a week. It is extremely important that you respond to communication. Please note that the student needs to respond and be in communication, not just the parent(s).
- Your main point of contact for content specific questions is your course instructor. If you need help doing so, don't hesitate to reach out to us at 248-627-1820.
Link for elementary overview: https://e.edmentum.com/eoa-getting-started-students-parents-caregivers/
Instructional Model overview for online learning (last page has links embedded to parent orientation presentations):