By: Miranda Jones
- Capitol: Hanoi
- Population: about 94,350,000
- Vietnamese is a monosyllabic language meaning that every syllable is a word
- Found off the South China Sea
Games and Sports
Holidays and Food
Did You Know?
- Vietnamese names start with the families last name and are followed by one to two names
- Hanoi has been the capitol of Vietnam for over a thousand years
- If a rural family meets friends or family in the city they might bring a live chicken or something fresh from the garden as a present
- Vietnam is home to about eight hundred species of birds, monkeys, iguanas, black squirrels, and two hundred other types of species
- The Communist party is the only legal political party in Vietnam
- Nguyen is one of the most common last names, around thirty million people share it
"Badminton ** New Competition ** - SAYFC Competitions." Badminton ** New Competition ** - SAYFC Competitions. 2015. Web. 13 May 2016.
CIA World Factbook. CIA World Factbook. Web. 12 May 2016.
Lunar New Year. Digital image. First Generation of Vietnamese Adoptees. Web. 17 May 2016.
Men's Volleyball. Digital image. NU Club Sports. Nu Club Sports, 2016. Web. 16 May 2016.
"Vietnam." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2016. Web. 5 May 2016.
President Obama Needs To Speak Out. Digital image. Humans Rights Watch. 15 Feb. 2016. Web. 13 May 2016.
Rice and Fish Sauce. Digital image. Simply Scratch. Web. 17 May 2016.
Vietnam's Defense. Digital image. Global Risks Insight Know Your World. 2016. Web. 13 May 2016.
Vietnam's Flag. Digital image. Enchanted Learning. 2004-2016. Web. 10 May 2016.