What's Trending in Room 228
Mrs. Marcum's class
Weekly Attendance : 93.12% Yikes!
Please make sure your child is washing their hands frequently at home. We will be using Chlorox wipes, Germ-X, and washing our hands to try to do our part here at school:)
Just FYI: There have been some nasty viruses going around and Strep throat that is presenting with stomach ache and headache instead of sore throat and fever.
**This is part of our BSIP (Building School Improvement Plan). To get our average above 96% for the year**
Mark your Calendar:
- Thursday, February 18th-- Board Meeting 7:00pm @ Price Elementary in Board Room.
- Thursday, February 25th-- Last day for PTO Box Top Competition (You can still send Box Tops in they just won't count towards this year's competition.)
- Monday, February 29th-- Project Sweeny 9:15 in cafeteria...we would love to see you!
- Friday, March 4th-- End of Quarter 3
- Monday, March 7th-Friday, March 11th-- Spring Break. No School for students. Offices Closed.
- Math- We will begin chapter 10. Multiplying and dividing fractions. Continue to work on multiplication facts at home!
- Reading- We will be using non-fiction text to make inferences.
- Writing- We will continue learning how to organize and write an informational paper.
Grammar- We will start reviewing how to use commas.
Words Their Way- Sort 20 (Latin Roots rupt, tract, and mot) (finish 19 this week then move to sort 20).
Science- We have finished the Solar System, and will be taking our Post-test tomorrow. Next, we will start learning about Moon phases and how light works.
Our new practicum student from MSU. She will come and help us during reading/writing time each Tuesday this semester!!
Every Thursday for 7 weeks the Discover Center comes and teaches a science lesson. On the 8th week we will take our field trip the Discovery center for some hands on science fun!
After researching a specific planet, students created an alien that could live on their planet. They did a great job!
Our First Grade Buddies came and learned about our Aliens!!
We won the Soup Drive!!
Their goal is for Sweeny to raise 300 toys to donate to People Helping People.
Box Tops Update! We have 1061
Box Tops for Education: End of February is Coming Quick!!
All the money comes right back to our classroom for me to spend on the students.
Each box top you send in is worth 10 cents for us to spend. It doesn't sound like much, but they can really add up. Ask relatives and friends if they have any extra box tops they aren't using. Most people don't mind cutting them out and saving them if you ask:)