Beating the Odds
Lakeview Staff Newsletter - May 3
Teacher Appreciation Week
Manic Monday - the PTO will provide breakfast (yogurt parfait bar, pastries, juice, coffee, and tea)
We are FORTUNEate for you - Chris is catering in Chinese for lunch for everyone. I hope your fortune cookie is a good one! PTO will provide snacks and drinks. (Yes, I know I spelled "fortunate" wrong ...)
Wednesday - The week is half over! Power up with veggies at the make-your-own Salad Bar, provided by the PTO. It's a Buck's Spirit wear day, too - If you have any Milwaukee Bucks gear, wear it for game 5 of the series today.
Thursday - Enjoy the ice cream sundae bar, provided by the PTO.
Friday - Wooo Hooo it’s finally Friday! This fiesta is for You!! Thank you, for all that you do!! Enjoy the nacho bar, provided by the PTO. It's a Lakeview Spirit wear day, too - wear your Lakeview gear.
Please look ahead at the staff Google calendar. At this time of year, there is simply too much to put into this small space.
Monday, May 6
TechLab Day with Tammy for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teachers
Our new superintendent, Dr. Weiss, may be visiting schools on this afternoon
Tuesday, May 7
Invention Convention in the gym from 1-3 p.m.
Social Studies Leadership Team 4-5 p.m.
Wednesday, May 8
Lakeview Staff Meeting 7:15-8:15 a.m. (EE and Class lists)
Thursday, May 9
4th grade to the Milwaukee Art Museum
Lakeview's Trauma Sensitive Team Meeting 3:45-4:30 p.m.
SMEA Retirement Dinner
Friday, May 10
Girls on the Run practice 5K
Monday, May 13
Tuesday, May 14
5th grade visit to Middle School
District Character Ed team 4-5 p.m.
Thursday, May 16
Last PTO meeting of the year from 5:30-6:30 in the library. Please be sure you've attended one meeting or after-school event this year. The May meeting will include officer elections and new playground equipment discussions.
5th grade camp
School Supply List
• As I've mentioned before, you will see some things on your list you are not expecting and you will notice some things might be missing that you've had in the past . All in all, I compared your requests to the new list and it is fairly close.
• Some things that are no longer on the list include snacks (we could ask for donations in a back-to-school newsletter), paper towels, and scissors. "Scissors" you say? We will buy every teacher a classroom set of scissors out of the building budget to keep in your classroom. If you already have a set of classroom scissors, let me know.
• The same way many of you pool your classroom supplies, we will pool many items as a school. We can create some central locations for tissue, ziplocs, cleaning wipes, etc. so that even if your students are not bringing them in, you are free to take from the pool.
• If you and your grade-level partner(s) look at the list and say, "But we really needed ______ ," please talk to me. I will find building budget money for it.
• Here is a link to the new school supply list.
MAP Testing Dates - Please enter your MAP testing dates on this document. All MAP testing should be completed by May 10 (including make-up testing).
Room map for next year - click here for link
Specials Rotation for 2019-2020 - click here for link
Furniture/Room concerns - As you contemplate room needs for next year, please add your thoughts to this document. This could be furniture needs, Smartboard moves, or anything else Jeff and I need to know. It's not a shopping list - please see me if purchases are needed.
Scholastic & NatGeo Periodicals - We will order Scholastic for 4K through 3rd. We will not be ordering NatGeo next year.
Family newsletter - Link to this week's family newsletter
Elementary Blackout Dates - Here is a link to the calendar
May 8 Staff Meeting
• Here is a list of possible artifacts for each standard. There are certainly others.
• Please think about the idea of a "high leverage artifact" which means an artifact which can meet multiple standards.
• Class list development - I will explain how the process will work and we will take time to start developing lists during the meeting.