Ram Nation News
Week of October 16, 2017
Time is going by very fast and our students need the best of us. Last week, we had the opportunity to meet with our parents for parent conferences to discuss our students' academic progress and discuss next steps. Also, we were able to spend time on Friday discussing interventions to ensure that we embrace the whole child and surround him/her with all of our supports at the school so that each one of our students is successful. We will continue to focus on
- Creating and using exemplars to support us in knowing what it is we expect students to do as they master a TEKS.
- Using Modeling or Guided Discourse as ways to present and engage students in the learning process.
- Making sure that we have 100% participation from students in our lessons.
One of our core values is growth mindset and it is necessary to ensure that the various strategies we are incorporating this year are fully implemented to impact the educational path of our kids.
This week's planning review by the leadership team will focus on checking the alignment of the LO, DOL, to the assessments. We will focus on reviewing the DOL and the level of rigor as compared to the STAAR. In classroom visits, we will be looking for teachers monitoring independent practice and using exemplars for DOLs.
Our teams continue to do a great job!!! Thank you so much for the support provided by our coaches, administrators, and teachers. During our football game, Ms. Iberosi and Ms. Davis joined our teams in their victories.
Ms. Chabot and Mr. DeLeon led our cross country team last Saturday in a district meet. Our students did a phenomenal job; Kelly Maldonado place 5th. Thank you so much for the commitment and support to our students.
Progress Monitoring Meeting
All teachers for their engagement and contributions during our progress monitoring meeting. We were able to identify those factors that impact students' success and identify students who need interventions. We will follow up with this process to ensure that our students have the support necessary to be successful.
Progress Monitoring Meeting
REMINDERS FOR THIS WEEK
- Let’s keep including more Student to Student Engagement, tied to the LO. By doing so, students will be able to take more ownership of their learning and internalize concepts. Also, the level of cognitive demand will increase and, in turn, your TEI 2.4 score will improve.
- During morning arrival, if you have a class, it is very important to stay in the threshold of your classroom as you greet students; by doing so, you can supervise your students inside of the classroom as well as keep an eye on the students who are transitioning to classrooms. If you do not have a class, make sure to greet students as well as question them regarding the class they have; by doing so, we ensure positive contacts with students as well as keeping them accountable to going to the correct area of the building.
- During transitions, let's make sure to have 100% participation and hold each other accountable to be present in the hallway supporting students. Our goal is to have at least 10 positive interactions while negative behaviors. Examples of positive interactions are, "Elsa, have a great class next period." "Love how you are supporting each other in getting to class on time." " You really made my day; it is good to see you." APs and CICs will be working with each one of you to provide individual support.
- Wear Red Shirt
- Weekly PLCs - Room 103 - Revisit Exemplar and Aggressively Monitoring.
- Istation ISIP Beginning of the Month Assessment. If your class has not completed ISIP, remember to check out one of the COWLs or sign up for the computer lab in order to complete this assessment. We need to actively monitor student actions during this assessment to ensure the data we see and analyze is accurate.
- 4:40 Department Meetings - Department Chair's room.
- 6:00 Volleyball Vs. E.D Walker
Tuesday, October 17-
- Wear blue shirt or blue tie
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 6th Grade and 7th Grade RLA
- 3 week retest - Low SEs from 1st CA
- 6:00 Football Vs. Franklin @ Franklin Stadium
Wednesday, October 18-
- Wear purple shirt
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 7th Grade and 6th Grade RLA
- Fast Track ACP
- 4:25 p.m. After school
Thursday, October 19-
- Wear orange shirt
- Planning Meeting with CIC/AP - 8th Grade
- Fast Track ACP
4:25 p.m. After school
- 5:00 Lesson Plans Due
Friday, October 20-
- Fair Day - NO SCHOOL
Thursday, October 26
- PSAT Testing - 8th grade
Window opens today for employee policy and compliance acknowledgment
In compliance with state and federal laws, Dallas ISD requires that all employees complete an Annual Policy and Compliance Acknowledgment at the beginning of each school year.
Between Oct. 9 and Nov. 17, using their EAD user name and password, employees are required to log into http://PolicyAcknowledgement.dallasisd.org/ to access, review, and acknowledge compliance with the following:
For more time and flexibility to review these documents, employees can read them by clicking on the links above before logging into the application. Go here for FAQs and more information.