Be Part of a Winning Team!
Nominations for Two Rivers Reading Council Executive Board
DUE BY MARCH 30, 2017
- President Elect
- Vice President
Benefits of Being a TRRC Board Member
- Professional Development: provide quality professional development opportunities for educators and as a bonus you receive FREE admission to all events.
- Community Involvement: Develop literacy based community outreach projects, provide a forum for discussion of reading related issues, and introduce exciting new children's literature to local schools and communities
- Networking: meet and share information with people from the community and all across Illinois who are interested in promoting reading and literacy
- Publications: receive four quarterly newsletters and journals published by The Illinois Reading Council. These publications provide current news, events and research.
- Awards/Scholarships/Grants: Learn how you can nominate individuals from your area for IRC awards or how to benefit from grant money that is available each year for various educational activities
- Annual Conference: Thousands of literacy advocates, educators, and researchers will gather from October 5-7, 2017 for the 50th Annual IRC Conference, 50 Years of Reading Excellence, at the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, IL
- Leadership Training: participate in a leadership training event to build your leadership and team building skills.
- Danielson Domain 4: Being an active executive board member meets teaching requirements in the excellent category.
Submit a short Bio of yourself by March 30th and let us know what position you're interested in.
Don't miss out on a great opportunity to be an active Board member on an award winning reading council. Submit a brief biography sharing highlights of your career, accomplishments, personal interests. Send it to email@example.com by March 30th.