Parkside Junior High School
August 2019 Newsletter
Back to School Celebration on Wednesday, August 14th
Who: All PJHS Students, Families, Staff, and Community Members
What: Back to School Celebration! Meet Your Teachers, Walk Your Schedule, Find Your Locker, Practice Your Locker Combination! We will also have 4 food trucks available! Come for the evening, eat dinner together, and celebrate the new school year!
When: Wednesday, August 14th: 6th Grade: 5:30-6:00 p.m., All Grades: 6:16-7:30 p.m.
Where: Parkside Junior High School
Why: Our theme for the school year is "You Belong!" Let's come together to meet each other and celebrate the beginning of a great school year! You Belong at PJHS!
Be Respectful * Be Responsible * Be Safe
2. Lunch Supervision: We are looking for lunch supervisors from 11:00-1:30 p.m. on school days. The pay is $10/hour. Please email Suzi Hesser, if you are interested. email@example.com.
3. Service Dogs: For your information, there will be two service dogs working at PJHS this year.
4. New Student Information System: Infinite Campus is our new student information system. For more information, please visit our website at www.unit5.org and click on "Students & Parents".
5. Student ID's: Students must now use their identification card when getting on and off a bus - including for athletic events and field trips. Students also use their ID card for lunch every day. Each student will be given a lanyard this year for their ID. Please talk with your child about where he or she can keep the lanyard/ID each night so that it is not forgotten. I keep my lanyard next to my car keys so that I do not forget it. :) ID replacements are $3.
6. Paraprofessional Job Opening: We have an opening for a year-long paraprofessional substitute. This position requires an associate's degree or 60 college credit hours. If you are interested, please email Suzi Hesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Spirit Wear: We have NEW PJHS T-shirts ($10) and PJHS Cinch Bags ($8) available for purchase at the Back to School Celebration or in the office during school days.