Bright Beginnings Buzz
We hope all of you had a wonderful Halloween and made many fun memories! :) Now it is time for...Happy Thanksgiving!!! Time feels like it is speeding up and we are gearing up for the Holiday season. With all of the planning and prep, it can be over-whelming. Remember to take time to count all of your blessings and enjoy the moments that make life worth living. :)
We are looking forward to a lot of fun during November! :) We will have our very own "Friendship Feasts" for the children to enjoy, we will be participating in the Christmas in Springboro parade, our 4's and Stepping Stones will be going on field trips and we are all reflecting on all that we are thankful for. Please read on for more November news...
Fruit of the Spirit: Goodness
Goodness involves doing things that are right, even though it may be hard.. Doing things God’s way, instead of the way everyone else does them, is the definition of real goodness.
Bible Verse: "O, give thanks to the lord" (Psalm 105:1)
Our little ones have really been enjoying Children's Church with Pastor Amy! :) During the month of November, Pastor Amy will review our bible verse, talk about what it means to show "goodness", and teach children about gratitude. We will be singing fun songs including "Awesome God" and also collecting our change for the children in Africa.
Special days to be aware of:
- Friday, November 2- Springboro schools are closed, but Bright Beginnings is OPEN. No Kindergarten Exploration though. ACE is open for registered students only.
- November 6 & 8 - Dorothy Lane field trip (Stepping Stones)
- November 7 - 9 - Domino's field trip (4 year olds)
- November 11 - Christmas in Springboro Parade wagon decorating at church 1 - 4 p.m.
- November 13 & 15 - Children's Church
- November 15 & 20 - Thanksgiving Feasts in preschool classes (information will come home with your child)
- Friday, November 16- There is NO SCHOOL Friday, November 17 for Bright Beginnings due to bazaar set-up for Christmas in Springboro. There will be ACE and Kindergarten Exploration as normal.
- Saturday, November 17 - Christmas in Springboro Parade
- Wed-Fri, November 21-23- Bright Beginnings is closed for Thanksgiving break. ACE is in operation on Wednesday, the 21st for registered students only.
- November 27 & 29 - Children's Church
- Mondays at 9 a.m. - Bright & Fit. Join us every Monday and get your workout done for the day! In the past two months we've done everything from endurance cardio, HIIT, pilates, and yoga. You'll leave sweaty and sore, but feeling great!
- November 5th - 10-11am. Parents with a purpose... Join us as we go the Springboro Community Assistance Center (SCAC) to stock shelves and organize donations.
- November 6, 13, 20, & 27 - Table Talk Study, the Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer.
- November 15th - Corks & Crafts Event at Sycamore Country Club - Go to http://www.corksandcrafts.biz/list-of-events/ and click on our event and which craft you would like to do. Then complete the registration process. Share with family and friends, all are welcome, it'll be a fabulous girls night out! REGISTRATION WILL END ON NOVEMBER 10th!
Our session II Lunch Bunch is off and running! :) We hope that those of you participating have been having a great experience. Below are some key upcoming dates.
Session II - began the week of October 29. It runs through the week of December 12th. (No Lunch Bunch the week of Thanksgiving). There is a $10 Registration fee is per child, per session (not per class). This fee is payable to Bright Beginnings. All payments are due the first week of class. Please see the following link for prices and payment information.
Session III- Registration will begin in January
A new registration form and class description will be out during the registration week. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Christmas in Springboro
Every year we participate in the "Christmas in Springboro" parade. Our little ones ride in decorated wagons pulled by parents and we all walk together to proudly show Springboro how well Bright Beginnings shines. :) "A sign up genius" went out to see who was interested in walking in the parade. Here is the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d45aaa72ea7fc1-christmas5. Our wagon decorating day will be Sunday, November 11 from 1-4. If you need more info or did not get the email and are interested in participating please let us know. The parade takes place on Saturday, November 17th.
This year's theme is "The Best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear"
We look forward to celebrating Thanksgiving here at Bright Beginnings! :) We utilize this time to teach lessons about friendship, family, food and fun! Feasts are as follows:
Thursday, November 15th for all W-F classes.
Tuesday, November 20th for all M/T classes, Stepping Stones and Kindergarten Exploration classes
More details will be sent by teachers. Many thanks to all of you who have already signed up to help! :)
Our Kids Morning Out classes do not participate in the feasts.
- Please pray for the Fondaw family as they mourn the tragic loss of their son Logan.
- Continued prayers of recovery for Miss Patti as she recuperates from surgery.
- Please help rally some good vibes and arouse God's grace and love, blessings and abundance for the Millard family
- Prayers for Miss Joni as she mourns the loss of her mother Janet.
- Prayers for Kim Scoville as she heals from surgery.
- Prayers for Leah B. as she prepares to begin treatment for cancer.
- Prayers of joy for the Gooden family as they welcomed baby Grayson to their family.
- Prayers of joy for the Sollick family as they welcome baby Holden.
- Prayers of joy for the MacNeill family as they welcome baby Asher.
- Prayers of joy for the Emmons family as they welcome baby Wyatt
- Prayers of joy for the Liette family as they welcome baby Asher.
- Prayers of joy for the Bucklew family as they welcome baby Blake.
- Prayers for Leona and Miriam P.'s Grandma Nellie as she battles cancer.
This is the start of a very busy giving season. There are a lot of ways to give. Please do not feel obligated! If you are interested in helping, the following are opportunities we are focusing on:
SCAC food pantry help needed- Our Parent Connection needs people to join us to go to the SCAC food pantry (in Springboro) and help stock shelves on Monday, November 5th from 10:00-11:00.
Giving Tree- Our Giving Tree will be up soon. The Giving Tree helps sponsor 60 area children for Christmas through the food pantries. A tree will be in the main hallway with “ornaments” on it representing children’s needs/wishes. Each ornament will contain 5 pieces: 1 for clothing, 1 for shoes, 1 for hats/mittens, 1 for underwear/socks and 1 for a special wish. There is a sign out book by the tree and you may sign out 1 or more pieces of the ornament (ex.- you may want to only purchase the shoes, or the toy, or maybe you take all of the pieces and sponsor the whole child)
New and/or Gently Used toys- There will be a table in the main hallway to collect these items. Please place new toys on the top of the table and gently used toys underneath (please do not bring toys that are broken or have pieces missing). These toys are used by the local food pantries to give to families who did not sign up in time to be on the Giving Tree.
New and/or Gently Used winter wear including hats/mittens/scarves- There will be a box in the main hallway to collect these items. These items will be disbursed to those in need through the food pantries and to an area school we sponsor.
Gift cards- There are many families we are aware of that need help, but would never ask for it. We are collecting gas cards, grocery cards, and cards for Meijer, Target, a Walmart to donate to these families so that they can be relieved of a little stress and be able to provide for their families. I know that I have such joy when I am able to go out and buy for my children. By giving gift cards we are able to help other parents feel that joy as they go out and experience the hustle and bustle.
Stockings/ Stocking Stuffers- We will be collecting stocking stuffers to give to the UMC Children’s Home, info will come soon on specific needs. Our Parent Connection will help to fill the stockings and prepare them for delivery as part of our December missions.
Thanks so much for all of your support and help. This season is full of hope, peace, love and joy. It can also be full of stress. By helping others you will be helping to relieve some of the stress that the holidays can bring. Of course, this is all optional! The last thing we want to do is add stress to you! If you are able and willing to help in any way- THANK YOU!