Special Education Connections

Clinton Massie Local Schools - October 2020

2020-2021 School Year

Well, this has been quite an unusual start to the school year! However, our students continue to embrace change and are well on their way to successfully completing the first quarter of the 2020-2021 school year. We currently have approximately 85% of our K-12 students with special education services attending in person classes. The remaining 15% of our students are receiving virtual supports in a variety of ways.

At this time, these plans will continue until the end of the semester (December 18th).


The district will begin discussions about the 2nd semester of instruction and what options will be available for our students very soon.

ODE - Special Education Family Survey

Parents - Clinton Massie Local Schools has been chosen to participate in this year's family survey for students with IEP's. Please read the invitation below to participate in this opportunity.


The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) would like to invite you to participate in a short, 25 question survey about your involvement in your student’s education. Research suggests that parental involvement is a key predictor of positive educational outcomes. You may be eligible to participate if your child has an IEP and receives special education services. The purpose of collecting this information is to improve services for students with disabilities across Ohio. If you are eligible to participate and you enroll in the study, you will be entered in a drawing for several $50 Amazon gift cards. Your chance of winning a gift card is approximately 2.0%.

Please click on this link


https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8xj6a3rJ8hUevNH


Sincerely,


David Julian, Ph.D.

Special Education Family Survey Director

OhioFamilySurvey@osu.edu

(Collecting surveys on behalf of the Ohio Department of Education)

IEP Review Meetings

We will continue to hold our annual IEP and evaluation meetings with parents participating virtually or by phone. Stacia Rumbarger will continue to reach out to parents for scheduling.

Betsy Muterspaw, Special Education Director

Please do not hesitant to reach out with any questions or concerns