Panther P.A.L's Virtual Sign-Up
Cottonwood Elementary 2023-2024
Panther P.A.L's Introduction: Click Here for a Video Message from Mr. Troast
What is the Panther P.A.L's program?
Panther P.A.L's is a new program for the 23-24 school year that stands for Parents as Leaders. The ultimate goal is to provide opportunities within our building where parents/guardians can be role models to our students. This program is going to be made up of 3 components: Recess and Lunch Support, Volunteer Opportunities, and Educational Support. Below is a summary of each of the components and how can you help.
Lunch and Recess Support: You would volunteer in our building from 10:45 am -2:00 pm. During this time you would help monitor our school lunch periods and help students with condiments, opening milk, and general support to your students. You would take a break to eat lunch with your child. After Lunch, you would go out and play with our students during Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade Recess. The kids love playing games with the adults in the building.
Community Support: Do you want to help out the school and volunteer as much as possible?
We are looking for volunteers to help out with a variety of events and tasks around the building. Cottonwood could use your help with a variety of events including Book Fair Weeks, Discovery Days, and Donuts with Mr. Troast. Other opportunities to support the school include assisting with our outdoor garden spaces. Please check out the Google form for more information.
Educational Opportunities: One of the big components of our schedule this year is providing academic support to our students to meet students where they are. Your child might come home and refer to this time as W.I.N. time (what I need). If you have an open or flexible schedule, we are looking for volunteers in the afternoon to help provide educational opportunities for our students. This could be leading a small group during an enrichment project, or it could be as simple as students reading to you. We would ask that parents who volunteer for this opportunity be available at least two to four times a week in the afternoon to work with students. Please check out the Google form below for more information.
Who can be a Panther P.A.L?
Other information you need to know.
- You will notice that we do not have any open dates available in December and May for Lunch and Recess support and May is often a very busy month for us at Cottonwood. We often have schedule changes due to special events and end-of-semester testing.
- Unlike, WATCH DOGS- Panther PALS is not a full day. Lunch and Recess Support runs from 10:45 am to 2:00 pm. The other components are singular events and will be scheduled with you beforehand.
- For Lunch and Recess Support: We are going to ask that only 1 parent sign up.
- Educational and Community Support: When you complete the Google forms, Mr. Troast will reach out to you to schedule these opportunities with you.
- You will notice that a lot of SPECIAL EVENT days such as Halloween Parties, Holiday Celebrations, Field Day, and Discovery Day that are blocked off. They are blocked off because there are other opportunities to volunteer on those dates.
- We understand that circumstances may change, and you may no longer be available for the date you signed up for. If the event, you need to cancel please call the office and we will determine if there are any open dates.
- You can only sign up for 1 date to allow as many opportunities as possible.