Fall is in the Air
The weather has cooled off, the leaves are changing, and we've set the clocks back. It's Fall! That means that we are over a 1/4 of the way through the school year and finals will be here before we know it.
As usual, there is a lot going on this month for the Business Department. Check out all of the events we have scheduled this month at the end of the newsletter.
In this season of giving thanks, I want to thank each of you for your work developing rigorous and relevant course work for our students.
Enjoy the weather and eat lots of turkey!
Mastery Connect Update
- Mastery Connect has taken over the task of entering course-specific standards, and their goal is to have those all entered and viewable to teachers by November 25.
- In preparation for final exams, each teacher should log in to Mastery Connect and create a tracker for each of your semester 1 classes. IMPORTANT: Trackers need to be aligned to the standards for that course. To find your standards, you will need to scroll to the top of the list to Custom and FHSD standards. If you do not see your course yet, do not create the tracker!
- For a video tutorial, click here: http://files.masteryconnect.com/support/videos/fhsd_create-a-tracker_how-to.mp4
- Beginning this week, I will be entering final exams for classes as the standards become available. Once I enter the exam, it should populate in your tracker.
- If you have questions or need help, please let me know, or ask your department chair.
As you probably know, the district is working towards offering students Adobe certification (ACE) through our Desktop Publishing course, which is a three year course suitable for people with industry experience.
Last week, DESE added an entry-level Adobe certification (ACA) to the approved IRC list. The ACA certification is more appropriate for high school students and will prepare them for entry-level jobs. I have shared the information with the Desktop curriuclum writers and Dr. Greiner. I will be discussing the ACA certification with the Academic Team on November 12. I will share the outcome of that meeting with you as soon as I can.
To learn more about the ACA certification and to see the free curriculum, check out http://edex.adobe.com/pages/f7d773471d.
There is also ACA certification for Multimedia and Web Page Design!
Apps/Business Tech/Marketing Curriculum Writing
Wednesday, Nov. 13th, 8am-3pm
District Learning Center room 114
AP Econ Step 5 meeting
Thursday, Nov. 14th, 8am-3pm
District Learning Center room 116
Desktop Publishing Curriculum Writing
Tuesday, Nov. 19th, 8am-3pm
dependent on Academic Team meeting 11/12