November 17, 2020
No School November 23rd - 27th for Thanksgiving Break
Transition to Stage 2 Hybrid Learning- Update
So what will this look like at CLHS?
Students have two learning options.
- Remain in Distance Learning for the rest of the school year and attend classes virtually through Clever
- Choose Hybrid Learning and come to school two days a week in either the A Group (Mondays & Tuesdays) or B Group (Thursdays & Fridays). While not on campus, students will attend classes virtually through Clever. (Sorry, we cannot grant requests for group assignments, however, we are working with the other school sites to match siblings)
All students must attend Cardinal Advisory class virtually on WEDNESDAYS through Clever. Teachers will also be holding office hours to offer additional support for students in their classes. Wednesdays will be used to thoroughly clean classrooms between the A and B groups.
All staff conduct a "Self Assessment" for fever and symptoms before school starts.
Students will need to report to the temperature check stations, located at the gates to the outdoor eating area and the walk way from the upper parking lot, before being allowed to enter campus. Students that have been checked for fever and/or symptoms will be given a sticker to wear so teachers and staff know they went through the check in stations.
Anyone who becomes sick, has a fever, or is experiencing symptoms will be removed from the area and taken to a designated isolation room for further evaluation by our school nurse. Parents/guardians will be called to pick up sick students from school. It is very important that parents/guardians are able to pick up their sick child within half an hour from receiving a phone call from the school. If your regular schedule makes this challenging, we politely ask that you develop a plan to have another trusted adult pick up your sick child. Please be sure they are listed as an "emergency contact" with the school.
As a safety measure, CLHS, as well as LES and TMS, will be adjusting our bell schedule to accommodate a release time before lunch. CLHS is scheduled to be released at 12:20 and a "Grab and Go" lunch will be available for students on the way out.
General Safety Measures -
- Mask must be worn while on campus at all times
- One way traffic in our hallways
- No lockers will be assigned this school year to prevent congregating in the halls
- Classroom Entry and Exit Protocols - students must socially distance while waiting for the last class to exit the room before entering.
- Students and Staff will need to adhere to 4-6 feet social distancing from others
- Hand sanitizers are available in every classroom. Students & Staff should "gel in and gel out".
- Hand washing will take place before and after participating in labs, CTE, and PE classes where some items will be shared
- No sharing of personal items
CLHS will be hosting a Cardinal Family Informational Night for Stage 2 Hybrid Learning on Tuesday December 1st at 6pm. We invite you and your CLHS student to attend in person in the gym or via Zoom. This will be an opportunity to learn more about this transition and ask question. The Zoom link and google form for questions will be shared the day before the meeting.
Second Quarter Progress Reports
Unfortunately, we are seeing a significant increase in the number of students earning F's in one or more classes. The top two reason for earning an F grade are simply NOT SHOWING UP TO CLASS and NOT COMPLETING ASSIGNMENTS. Teachers are understanding the hardships some may be experiencing while distance learning and are providing flexibility when it comes to submitting assignments. However, students need to attend all classes and complete all assignments to the best of their abilities. Earning an F in a class will result in zero credits earned towards meeting graduation requirements for that class. Students in danger of failing a course should reach out to their teachers immediately.
Congratulations to our Rotary Top 40 Students of the Month for October & November!
Most recent update from CIF regarding sports
Although sports is a discussion item on Wedneday's Board Meeting agenda, no action will take place. CLHS will follow the most current CDPH guidelines and recommendations and will resume sports when permitted.
It is time to start thinking about your senior dedication page. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Frazell at firstname.lastname@example.org . She will be happy to answer any questions.