The Panther Pride
November 8, 2021
Hello Panther Community!
This week we will honor our Veterans. School will be closed on Thursday, November 11th.
While it seems like the 2nd Quarter just began, we are halfway through it. This Friday, November 12th will signal the progress report for 2nd Quarter. Students with missing assignments should be communicating with their teachers to determine if work from the first half of the quarter will be accepted after Friday. There are multiple ways for parents to monitor student progress:
- Monitor progress via School Loop. Don't just look for zeros or missing assignments, review the progress for each class to determine what assignments need to be resubmitted for a better grade as well. As a reminder, teachers are not required to post/update grades daily. If you have immediate concerns on your student's grade, jump to #3!
- Monitor progress via Google Classroom. In each Google Classroom, students have a "To Do" list which shows what assignments need to be completed. Additionally, students should be showing you what they have submitted. Sometimes an assignment is submitted but incomplete.
- Home-School Communication. Teachers and guidance counselors are part of the team! Send them an email, call and set up a conference - we still Zoom to ensure that we have the ability to connect with our families. It's important for students to know that as a team, we will work together to ensure that they receive the best instruction and that they are responsible for their learning.
I want to extend a huge CONGRATULATIONS to our 1st Quarter Dean's List recipients. Each quarter, teachers nominate a student who has excelled, overcome challenges, taken risks, shown grit and resiliency or have made a difference at Vaca Pena. We are super proud of these students and they will receive a certificate acknowledging their accomplishments and a Vaca Pena pennant. Congratulations Panthers!
Together, let’s make the MIDDLE matter,
Winter Sports Information
Wrestling (girls and boys) starts Monday, November 8. ALL WRESTLERS MUST BE CLEARED BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 12th.
Practice Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri 6-8pm in the Vaca Pena MP room
Girls basketball starts Wednesday, November 3.
11/5 3:45-5:15 (first cuts)
11/9 3:45-5:15 (final cuts)
11/10 Parent meeting 4:00 MP room
Boys basketball starts Wednesday, November 3.
Boys Tryout schedule
11/5 3:45-5:30 (first cuts)
11/9 3:45-5:30 (final cuts)
11/10 Parent meeting 4:00 MP room
To be cleared for sports
- Complete a COVID Testing Content form online here : link
- Complete http://www.AthleticClearance.com
- Upload a photo of your Sports physical form (dated June 2021 or later) to your profile.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
For Questions Email: email@example.com
Important Dates To Remember
Student & Parent Links Below!
If you are a witness to bullying whether it is verbal, physical or social, we ask that you fill out this form. All responses will be anonymous unless you choose to give your name.
The PAL program brings youth under the supervision and positive influence of Vacaville Police Department staff and expands public awareness about the role of a police officer and the reinforcement of the responsible values and attitudes.
Vacaville Christmas Wish began 38 years ago through the efforts of the Children’s Network and social workers at Solano County’s Children’s Shelter. The goal of the program is to grant Vacaville’s low-income children a special wish at Christmas time.
The USDA has extended the free meal program through 2021/2022, we ask that families still fill out the Free & Reduced Lunch application. Additional benefits to the free/reduced lunch include transportation bus fees, cable/internet fees, and more!
Students who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms should not attend school.
Minimum Days: Sept. 3, Sept. 17, Sept 23-24, March 11 ~ Super Minimum Days: June 1-2
All students interested in participating in school sports must have a physical dated May 2021 or later and complete all Athletic Clearance forms.
Use this link to update your contact information, view your student's schedule, attendance, progress and quarter grades and so much more!