WELCOME 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
DeKeyer Elementary Information
Welcome to DeKeyser ~ Home of the DeKeyser Dolphins
Principal: Mrs. Shannon Hathcock
Administrative Assistant: Mrs. Lisa Russo
Clerk: Mrs. Katrina Ruby-Chirco
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
School Hours: 9:20 AM - 4:10 PM (full days) and 9:20 AM -12:24 PM (half days)
Sterling Heights, MI 48313
Office Phone Number: (586)797-4400
24 Hr Attendance Line (586)797-4499
Email: officedekeyser @uticak12.org
WELCOME BACK TO THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
It's hard to believe in less than 2 weeks school begins! On behalf of the entire DeKeyser Staff, I am beyond excited to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year! We look forward to working together with you to make a difference in the lives of each and every child each day.
The DeKeyser Elementary Staff has been busy preparing for the arrival of the many new faces we will welcome to our family this year. We can't wait to see everyone on the first day of school on Tuesday, August 30th!
As you begin to prepare for the school year ahead, I would like to provide some information that will help you in that process. This newsletter contains some of the basic "getting ready for the school year" information. As the first day of school gets closer, I will be sending out more info in regards to arrival/dismissal procedures, bus stop information, first day news, and more!
If you have any questions about the information below, please don't hesitate to call our office at 586-797-4400.
Have a wonderful day!
Upcoming Important Dates
The Utica Community Schools teacher/student calendar for the 2022-2023 school year continues to be mutually developed through the collective bargaining process. In the interest of planning, the following dates are confirmed and may be shared with students, staff, parents and the community.
Aug: 18: Jimmy Johns Back to School Event - Gates Open 6:00 pm
Aug. 25: You will be emailed your child's teacher after 3pm
Aug. 25: Kindergarten Meet and Greet - 5:30pm
Aug. 29: Dolphin Days - Classroom Sneak Peek -3:30 - 4:30 pm - more info to come
Aug. 30: 1st Day of School - 1/2 Day Dismissal - 9:20 - 12:24 pm
Sept. 2: No School
Sept. 5: No School - Labor Day
Sept. 12: Picture Day
Sept. 14: No School - Professional Development Day
In addition, many vacation dates – such as Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break - are aligned with the Macomb County Common Calendar.
Please note – the final negotiated agreements may result in additional days for these breaks.
- Please press the buzzer to speak with someone in the office
- You will be asked to state your name and reason for visiting
- You will be asked to show your photo id into the security camera above the outside door
- Office staff will assist you
In addition, we are asking you to not let any visitors in the door as you enter (and they come up behind you) or as you exit the building.
The teachers and staff are committed to student safety and security, and we would like to thank you for your assistance in helping keep the students of DeKeyser safe.
- PowerSchool Password Reset - PowerSchool is the student system used by Utica Community Schools, all Macomb County schools and districts across the nation. Recently, an update has been made to PowerSchool which will require parents/guardians to reset their password when logging in for the first time since August 2, 2022. For information, please see: https://bit.ly/3BX2mJQ
SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
Utica Community Schools is pleased to provide an opportunity for School Age Child Care, beginning August 30, 2022, Monday - Friday, 6:45am-9:20am at DeKeyser Elementary. Afternoon childcare will be provided at Rose Kidd from 4:00 - 6:00 pm. Students needing afternoon childcare will be bussed to Rose Kidd from DeKeyser Elementary. Please be sure to read the following pricing and scheduling updates before pre-registering for the 2022-2023 school year.
Families must pre-register online.
Registrations will not be done on site or over the phone.
- Registrations will be processed on a first come first served basis, availability is limited.
- If the program is full at your location, you will receive an email indicating you have been placed on the waitlist. Families on the waitlist will be contacted as space become available.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE COMPLETE PRIOR TO OCTOBER 13, 2022
Please fill out the HIR form whether or not you think you would qualify or even utilize school lunches. This form also helps with our Title I funding which gives our building extra financial resources. It can also help with Technology funding, grocery benefits, athletics, and more! Click on the link below to get started! (you have to register for a new account).
Breakfast: All Levels $1.75
Lunch: Elementary $2.75
MANAGING YOUR STUDENT'S BREAKFAST/LUNCH ACCOUNT
- Go to https://utica.familyportal.cloud to set up your account
- If you had an old Sendmoneytoschool.com account it will help you migrate over to the new site.
- Please review this video for instructions how to set up your account. Https://utica.familyportal.cloud/tutorials
- You will need your child’s 9-digit ID number to set it up (you can get this from the office)
- You can access student meal accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to view account balances, deposit histories, or your child’s meal or snack selections free of charge
- You can also make deposits to your child’s cafeteria account using Visa, MasterCard or Discover-a bank service fee of $1.50 will be charged to your credit card
- Breakfasts & Lunches may still be purchased with cash or check; however amounts of $20 or more are recommended
- Checks should be made to Utica Community Schools Food Service Department
- Checks returned for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will be assessed a $25 fee
Medical Health Plans
Health plans should be completed for any condition that may involve special dietary considerations, activity levels, medications, or treatment of urgent problems. Completion of health plans allow our staff to take the best possible care of your child.
A physician signature is required on all health plans. Any medications that are to be distributed by school staff or used by students at school must have an Authorization for Medication completed and signed by a physician, including any over-the-counter medications.
Health Care Plans and Authorization for Medication forms are available at Resources and Forms - Utica Community Schools (uticak12.org) Two transportation forms are required for every student that rides the bus with a COLOR picture attached to each form. Depending on your child's diagnosis, the following forms are required by the school.
Food Allergies/Insect Allergies/Latex Allergies: FARE Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan, Michigan Department of Education Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations, 2 Authorization for Medications (one for an anti-histamine and one for Epinephrine), 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
MDE Dietary Accommodations: Required for Food Services for students with Food Allergies.
Asthma: Asthma Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for a rescue inhaler, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
Seizure: Seizure Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for rescue medications and/or other medications, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
Diabetes: Diabetes Health Care Plan, 2 Transportation Forms (if you child is a bus rider) and you must submit your Diabetes Medical Management Plan from your Endocrinologist
Heart Condition: Heart Condition Health Care Plan and 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
Any other diagnosis: General Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication (if needed), 2 Transportation Forms (if your child is a bus rider)
Please return all the necessary, completed and signed forms (dated after June 11, 2022) prior to August 30, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cooperation will help ensure a safe and healthy school year. Any questions can be directed to: Emily Duzey, BSN, RN Utica Community School’s District Nurse at:
1- You must fill out a physician signed MDE Special Needs Accommodation form and send it to the Food Service office. Without this we cannot make any accommodations. Please make sure to be specific with regards to the allergy (Example: all dairy or just fluid milk intolerance, etc.)
2-Because allergies change you MUST fill out a new form EVERY YEAR.
3- You must indicate to your child's school which days and which menu item you would like at least 48 hours in advance. We will not automatically have these available if we do not hear from parents in advance.
4-A vegetarian and nut free options are available every day so please see regular menu.
5-Juice or water are not acceptable substitutes per USDA guidelines. At this time we have Kikkoman Soy milk as a substitute. You're welcome to send in your own milk with your child if they don't like it.
6-We will do the best we can to accommodate other requests but there may be some limitations. For questions please call our food service off at 586-797-1180
Elementary menus are available online under the Allergy Menu tab. For Secondary Allergy menu items please submit the same form and then contact Food Service at 586-797-1180 to meals
TECHNOLOGY DEVICE INSURANCE PROGRAM
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED ENROLLED IN THE OPTIONAL TECHNOLOGY INSURANCE PROGRAM, PAYMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2022.
2022-2023 DEVICE RESPONSIBILITY, DAMAGE FEES AND OPTIONAL INSURANCE
Student Device Responsibility & Optional Insurance - For all Assigned 1:1 UCS Students
Utica Community Schools is proud to deliver 1:1 technology to our students. Depending upon the grade level, your child has been issued either an iPad or a Dell laptop including charging cords and any applicable accessories. Your child is responsible for the device at all times.
Additionally, a separate Technology Device Use Agreement that includes an electronic sign-off must be provided to the district prior to device distribution. This agreement includes the procedures for Board Policy 6600 - Acceptable Use of the District Technology Resources, acknowledgement that the Student Device Agreement has been discussed with your child, and you have read Board Policy 5160 – Information & Communication Technology. The Technology Device Use Agreement can be found by logging in to your Unified Classroom/PowerSchool parent account using a web-browser (found at this link), selecting “Forms” from the Quick Links menu, and then selecting “Forms” again from the navigation bar. Please note that the PowerSchool app does not contain a link to district forms. Forms are only accessible through a web-browser.
In the event of damage to an iPad or laptop, district policies and practices require a charge be assessed to cover the repair or replacement cost of the device. The fees described below are based on use of a UCS-provided device and any damage to it, whether accidental or intentional, after it has been issued to the student.
Device Insurance Plan for Accidental Damage – Annual OPTIONAL COVERAGE
An annual insurance plan has been designed to help families if there is an accident that causes damage to the school issued device. When participating in the district’s insurance plan for $15 per year, any accidental damage reported will be covered as described below.
Insurance coverage will repair/replace the device for accidental damage with no cost incurred by the student for the first incident (claim). Subsequent damage repairs during the covered year will have a deductible assessed per instance. Insurance will cover a maximum of 3 damage occurrences during the covered year. The deductible fee schedule for each damage occurrence is outlined below. Please note, if insurance is not purchased, actual repair costs (not to exceed the cost of the device) will apply.
2022-2023 INSURANCE FEES
Insurance plan purchase
· $15.00 per device, per year
Device Damage/Occurrence Fees (WITH INSURANCE)
- First Occurrence - NO CHARGE
- Second Occurrence – not to exceed $75 (iPad) / $150 (laptop)
- Third Occurrence – not to exceed $150 (iPad) / $300 (laptop)
- Thereafter – full repair/replacement cost
ITEMS NOT COVERED BY THIS OPTIONAL PLAN:
ACCESSORIES ARE NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE
· Accessories include, but are not limited to, a USB power adapter, charging cable and/or protective iPad case.
· Replacement of lost or damaged accessories is the responsibility of the student. Utica Community Schools recommends Original Equipment Manufacturer replacements.
INTENTIONAL DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE
· Any damage reported due to misuse, neglect or any other form of intentional damage will result in fees up to the full cost of replacing the device, regardless of your participation in the annual insurance plan.
DAMAGE DUE TO REMOVAL OF THE PROTECTIVE IPAD CASE IS NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE
· Utica Community Schools has selected a protective iPad case for all district issued iPads. Students must NEVER remove the case.
· Any damage that occurs due to the removal of an iPad case is considered INTENTIONAL DAMAGE and is not covered by insurance.
LOST OR STOLEN DEVICE
· Lost devices are NOT COVERED under this optional insurance policy.
· In the case of theft of an iPad or laptop, a copy of a completed police report MUST BE RETURNED to Utica Community Schools. A stolen device IS COVERED by the purchased insurance ONLY IF a police report is filed and a copy provided to the district.