News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - October 30, 2020
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
I invite parents and guardians to submit Halloween costume photos of Warwick students. We will create a virtual parade slideshow highlighting Warwick students dressed in their Halloween costumes. Please send all pictures to email@example.com.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Virtual Learning Moments
One of our 2U students made a connection between our Community Leaders project and a book she has in her home library. The connection led to an impromptu guest reader! Mrs. Unsihay's class had an amazing discussion as other family members became involved. The additional research strengthened the students' projects and brought authentic meaning to their learning.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.