Grow, Harvest & Eat Organic Mangoes
Learn the Art and Science of Organic Mango Cultivation
Nurture Your Mango Habit, Organically
The Botanical Society of Goa will conduct a one-day program on the art and science of mango cultivation at the mango orchard of Mr. Shrihari Subrai Naik Kurade at Cuncolim, Salcet-Goa.
For those who possess grown up mango trees, mango grafts that refuse to bear any fruit for the last 5 years or more or are just about to plant a mango graft in coming June, here is a golden opportunity to learn hands-on how to get your trees to be productive.
The program will include demonstration on how to
- peg the spots for digging pits in a Square System of planting.
- re-fill a pit with rock phosphate, goat pellets and manures
- plant and stake a graft
- treat wounds and hollows in the tree trunk
- manure a grown up mango tree correctly
- identify damage by common insect pests and diseases
- organically control pest & diseases, including pheromone traps
- manage your soil
- sort & grade mangoes
- ripen and package mangoes
Troubleshoot your mango trees with a panel led by Dr. Ajit Shirodkar, Shrihari Kurade, Prabhakar Keni and Miguel Braganza.
Grow, Harvest, Eat Organic Mangoes
Saturday, May 17th, 9:30am-4pm
Shrihari Kurade's Farm @ Cuncolim, South Goa
Venue Details: Srihari Kurade's Farm - Take the 2nd left after Cuncolim Bus-station. Stop at the Cuncolim Temple and further directions will be provided from there.
Participation is by PRIOR registration only. No walk-ins.
SMS name to 90118-64429 or 98229-82676 to pre-register
FEE: Rs.500/- for non members, Rs. 300 for BSG members (includes working lunch)
Transport from Margao at 08.30 A.M. will be provided as per need.