March 24, 2022
Still need to purchase your child's artwork? https://svdp.schoolauction.net/auction2022/catalog
Interested in making a donation to our gym remodel?
Every family's participation in Annual Giving is important because every student benefits. If you have misplaced your packet, it is available on SchoolSpeak or by clicking the button below.
Check out your class participation levels.
CHILDREN'S BOOK DRIVE
We will be collecting books for the Children’s Book Project. This organization give the books to children at homeless shelters, childcare centers, schools, and other children’s facilities.
DATES: MARCH 14 – MARCH 31
Please follow the criteria listed below when donating your gently used books.
We always need high interest, new or gently used, recent books for children of all ages, from infants through teens.
In greatest demand are books in good condition that make children feel valued, especially:
- books featuring diverse characters (all ages)
- board books
- early readers
- elementary chapter books
- books in Spanish or Chinese (all ages)
- graphic novels
- popular series for 8-12 years old
Due to limited demand and storage space at our book site, we don’t accept:
- dirty, dusty, wet, chewed, ripped, bent, folded, written in, moldering, or mildewed books
- nonfiction over ten years old
- obsolete or vintage books
- library discards
- textbooks and curriculum materials
- audio cassettes and VHS tapes
- religious books
Thank you for your participation.
STUDENT LIFE CORNER
To Apply for Financial Aid:
TADS – mytads.com
FOR ELEMENTARY STUDENT FAMILIES
April 15, is the annual deadline for submitting all information to TADS, the third party needs evaluation company that we use to collect the financial data from our families. This is consistent with the process we used to award tuition assistance for this year.
After the Student Aid Form has been processed by TADS, the Department of Catholic Schools gathers the completed application materials. Applicants are ranked on the basis of financial need. Within the limit of available funds, the Archdiocese of San Francisco will then award financial aid. This is the same application process used for school or parish specific scholarships, IF a scholarship program exists at the particular elementary school.
Late applications will NOT be considered. Students must live in Marin, San Francisco, or San Mateo Counties to be considered for the Archdiocesan Scholarship. Please visit the other scholarship programs section for more opportunities. Grant notifications will be sent out to the elementary student’s families in late May/early June.
To use the TADS Financial Aid online application go to mytads.com. You will be guided through the application. If you have any questions, you can phone TADS at 800-477-8237.
The Archdiocese of San Francisco is unable to provide financial aid to all students who apply. If a family is notified that the Archdiocese cannot provide assistance, the family should try and reach out to the elementary school, or high school for more information about any additional assistance that may be available from them directly.
To volunteer at any SVDP activity, you must have the following:
- Submit Livescan Fingerprinting (see attached form below) - Find a local business that can submit your fingerprints through the Livescan screening process. If you have already done this for previous SVDP volunteer requirements, you do not need to do it again. We will receive your fingerprinting clearance through your Virtus account (see #2). Please note that if you have done Livescan fingerprinting for other volunteer or professional requirements, you must still complete specifically for SVDP.
- Complete Protecting God's Children training module on Virtus - If you have never done this, create an account at www.virtusonline.org and take the course "Protecting God's Children." If you previously completed the training, make sure your three-year certification is still valid. Existing certification can be checked by logging in to your existing Virtus account at www.virtusonline.org.
- Proof of COVID vaccination must be emailed to email@example.com.
- NEW beginning February 1st - proof of booster required.
Once you've completed all three of these requirements, your SchoolSpeak profile will be updated with a green check-mark (like the one above). When entering campus to volunteer, please use your phone to show your SchoolSpeak profile to the front office for admission. Sign-in as a visitor at the front desk and proceed to your volunteer assignment. Remember to sign out too.
All parents are encouraged to complete these requirements now, but they must be completed 24 hours prior to volunteering. Without your green-checked profile, we cannot welcome you to volunteer.
SVDP FAMILY REFERRAL PROGRAM
The Advisory Board and the Administration know that our amazing families are the best spokespeople for SVDP. To remain competitive in the San Francisco school marketplace, we must attract families that share our educational standards, values, and sense of community. For these reasons, the Advisory Board is pleased to announce a Family Referral Program.
Beginning July 1, 2021, if you recommend a family that accepts enrollment and pays all their fees, incidental charges, and tuition through October for the 2022-2023 school year, the Finance Committee will apply a $500 credit to your FACTS account in October 2022. You will get $500 for each successful referral, with a max of three referral credits. Only one SVDP family may claim a referral. The FACTS credit must be used towards tuition, not incidental charges. When a family applies, they should include the name of the referring family on their application. Online applications have been updated to include this information. The referring family does not need to write a letter of recommendation to receive the credit.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.