AZAND Annual Meeting 2018
Call for Abstracts- present your work!
Get Involved in Nutrition and Dietetics!
The Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AZAND) is holding its annual meeting on Friday, June 8th, 2017 in Flagstaff, Arizona. There are several opportunities for students to get involved:
- Show your work! Submit an abstract to present at the poster session.
- Attend the meeting for a discounted student rate.
Call for Abstracts
Present Your Work at Our Poster Reception, Friday, June 8th!
All poster session participants are required to register for the meeting (student rate will apply)
We are now accepting abstracts describing projects and initiatives in:
- Foodservice management
- Community nutrition and outreach
- Clinical nutrition
- Research in the areas of food, nutrition and health sciences
Abstract Formatting Guidelines
- Please use Times New Roman font, size 11 or 12.
- Provide a descriptive title in bold.
- Choose the appropriate category: Foodservice, Community, Clinical, Research. Research Abstracts should include background, study objective, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Foodservice, Community and Clinical Abstracts should include a description of the approach or tool being evaluated, its intended audience, relevant implementation procedures, and evidence of usefulness or impact.
- Combined length of the title, authors, affiliations, and body should not exceed 4,000 characters (including spaces).
- Accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors.
- Abstracts will be accepted up until Friday, May 25th.
- Poster abstracts should be carefully reviewed prior to submission for content errors, spelling, names, etc. The organizers of the Conference do not proofread for spelling, typographical, grammatical, or scientific errors, and do not make changes after a poster abstract has been submitted.
- Please submit all abstracts via our web form (below)
Review and Notification
- Individuals listed as POSTER ABSTRACT PRESENTERS will be notified of acceptance by e-mail.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent on a rolling basis as they are received. All submissions must be received by Friday, May 25th but earlier submissions will be prioritized.
- The primary presenter must register and present their poster at the conference during designated break periods.
The primary presenter will be asked to stand at their poster during conference break times which are dedicated to browsing poster and exhibitor stations.
Request for Withdrawal
Once a poster abstract has been submitted, it may be withdrawn only by written request from the POSTER ABSTRACT PRESENTER. The request must be received at least 7 days prior to the start of the conference and may be sent by e-mail to Ashlee Linares-Gaffer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or experience any problems, please contact Ashlee Linares-Gaffer at email@example.com
Join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics!
Students can join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for a discounted rate. Once a member of the Academy, you will automatically become a member of the Arizona Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for no additional charge!