Volumen 16, Edicion 2 - Agosto 26, 2022
Fronteras Spanish Immersion Charter School
STUDENTS MAY BE DROPPED OFF NO EARLIER THAN 7:45AM! STAFF WILL GREET STUDENTS AT THE DOORS AT 7:45AM!
Minutos de Sra. Hutchins
Hello Fronteras Families!
Welcome to another fabulous school year! It has been wonderful meeting all of our new students; including our Kindergartners! We are so happy you’re here with us! Each fall, we operate remembering two important facts:
· We are all strangers to our Kindergartners and our new students
· Kindergartners and even older kiddos are learning how to be a student all over again
We show grace and patience as students adjust to their new surroundings, all the new people, and the new schedule. For Kinders, they are not only learning us and a new routine, but they are learning how to share, be kind to others, and to keep their hands & feet to themselves. Do not be alarmed if you receive a phone call or Class Dojo message about your child’s behavior. It is all part of the learning process.
Reminder – school doors open at 7:45am. Student(s) need to remain in your vehicle until 7:45am, as staff is not present until then. Thank you for understanding this important safety measure.
All district schools are required to complete safety drills throughout the school year. Mandatory drills include:
· Monthly fire drills
· Semester ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) drills
· Semester bomb threat/earthquake drills
After the first fire drill, all remaining drills are a surprise. This is purposeful, as emergencies do not announce when they are going to happen. Emergencies do not care what the temperature is outside or what the weather is like. Students are not allowed to get their coats from lockers or cubbies during our drill practice. In a true evacuation they would not take the time to do so either. It’s important that we practice the way we will behave. Fronteras has a current Emergency Operations Plan in place that would be activated in case of a real emergency. This year’s first fire drill is August 30th.
As always, thank you for sharing your children with us! We are a fortunate school!
Have a fantastic weekend! Remember that next Thursday and Friday (Sept. 1st & 2nd) are Professional Development Days, and Monday, Sept. 5th is Labor; no school for students Sept. 1, 2, 5.
“Behind you, all your memories. Before you, all your dreams. Around you, all who love you. Within you, all you need.”
A GIANT THANK YOU to parents, Katrina and Chris Moller and Jason Prestien, for helping with morning traffic! This is a HUGE safety help and is ensuring efficient drop off procedure. Thank you to those who recognize the Moller’s and Mr. Prestien’s volunteer efforts! Unfortunately, we had an individual use foul language when he chose to yell at Mrs. Moller earlier this week. This is extremely disappointing and very inappropriate. Our volunteers are amazing and should be shown the utmost appreciation.
I am so happy to share an example of appreciation that occurred Thursday morning. A parent approached Mrs. Moller, thanked her for being present during drop off, and handed her a gift card so she could enjoy a delicious coffee after her volunteer traffic duty. That was absolutely phenomenal! I was able to witness Mrs. Moller’s reaction; and I can say she was deeply touched. 😊
Morning Drop-Off Safety Requirements!
- PLEASE RESPECT ALL DIRECTIONS GIVEN BY OUR MORNING TRAFFIC VOLUNTEER
- STUDENTS MUST STAY IN PARENT VEHICLE UNTIL STAFF ARE PRESENT AT FRONT DOOR
- VEHICLES MUST PULL ALL THE WAY FORWARD
- PARENTS MAY NOT GET OUT OF VEHICLE AT SIDEWALK – PARK IN THE PARKING LOT INSTEAD
- STUDENTS MUST BE READY TO EXIT VEHICLE AT SIDEWALK – DO NOT DELAY OTHER PARENTS
- SCHOOL DOORS CLOSE AT 8:00AM – STUDENTS MUST RING DOORBELL WHEN ARRIVING AFTER 8:00AM
- PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY, USE BLINKER WHEN NECESSARY, AND BE AWARE OF SURROUNDINGS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION!
You can report an absence using the following in preferred order:
- log into your ParentVUE account using desktop (won't let you report an absence using cell)
- click on blue "Report Absence" button to the right of your student's school photo
- follow prompts
- log into your School Dismissal Manager account using desktop or cell
- click on the day of the week the absence will occur
- create "Exception"
- click on absence
- follow prompts
- email Kami at firstname.lastname@example.org
It's time to order your 2022-2023 Fronteras Yearbook! Order by September 30th and receive 10% off!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter school passcode: 1014981488732281
Elementary Cross Country!
Permission slips are available on the website, in the arctic entryway to the left as you enter Fronteras or by clicking the link below!
Elementary cross country fee is $35.00 for 4th and 5th grade participants only!
Click here for an Elementary Cross Country Permission Slip!
- Go to www.mylifetouch.com
- Enter Picture Day ID: EVT96GHZR
Communication is key!
Fronteras kiddos caught being amazing citizens! Thank you parents for raising thoughtful and kind children!