WE'RE ALL WONDERS
FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR OCTOBER 18-22
NEXT TWO WEEKS AT A GLANCE
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18
- ART: Macaulay and Williams
- First grade field trip to Pack Farms
- Final day for reflections entries to be submitted online at https://www.utahpta.org/ref
- Mrs. Vanderlinden and the other judges will conduct our speech contest today. Good luck to all of the students participating!
- Treats for the Troops donations collected through the end of the week
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19
- ART: Imler, Ashe/Thomas and Nichols
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 20
- ART: Hope, Cluff and Larsen
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21
- ART: Brimhall, Klinker and Bounds
- Vision Screening for grades K, 1, 3 and 5 - Reminder to Parents: if you would like to opt your child out of participating in this screening, please sign and return the waiver found here: https://livedsdmail-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/dsdnurses_dsdmail_net/EfpzN_Laj39Mugym9jJdCGUB-kEFvg_xDTOwHw1qv2AzdA?e=Ys2MOZ
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22
- Last day for "Candy for the Troops" Donations
- Early-out Schedule
MONDAY, OCTOBER 25
- Red Ribbon Weeks begins - "Drug-Free Looks Like Me" - Wear read today
- ART: Macaulay and Gassaway
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26
- "Peace Out to Drugs" - Wear Tie-Dye
- ART: Newland, Jensen and Clayton
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27
- "Team Up Against Peer Pressure" - Wear a Favorite Team Shirt or Jersey
- ART: Crowley
- Early-Out Schedule Today!
- PTA-Sponsored Fundraiser Night at Zupas from 4-9pm
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28
- "Our School Chooses to Be Drug-Free" - Wear a School Shirt or the School Colors (red, white and blue)
- Early-Out Schedule Today!
- End of First Term
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29
- Professional Day for Teachers - No School for Students
OUR SCHOOL BOARD HAS APPROVED AN AMENDED CALENDAR - THREE NEW EARLY-OUT DAYS ADDED
The Board of Education of the Davis School District approved the addition of three early dismissal days to the elementary school year calendar for 2021-22. The additional early dismissal days are Wednesday, Oct. 27; Thursday, Jan. 13, and Wednesday, March 16. For additional information, please read the district's news release here: https://www.davis.k12.ut.us/departments/cr/news-stories/district-news/~board/news-stories/post/board-approves-amended-calendar
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS HELPING PLAN AND VOLUNTEER WITH HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES
We appreciate the amazing support our parent volunteers provide. As we approach Halloween, most classes will be having an activity of some kind. While we do have more flexibility than last year, we are still not back to pre-pandemic style parties at school. As you are planning your activities/parties for next week, please keep the following things in mind:
- We will follow the early-out schedule on October 27 and October 28. There will be no school for students on October 29.
- Activities need to be planned around the "Big 5". Please see the graphic below this box for a reminder of the current "Big 5" COVID protocols.
- Any food you serve must be store-bought. Pre-packaged or pre-portioned food is preferred over a buffet-style service where kids take their own.
- No costumes, masks, make-up, etc. at school.
- Please stay in close contact with the classroom teacher as you are planning activities so there are no surprises or games that need to be cancelled last minute. Most of the problems the district has faced recently occurred during parades with inappropriate costumes, so we are probably fine to avoid controversy since we haven't traditionally included those in our festivities. At the same time, we need activities to be reasonable.
- Please communicate with the teacher if the activity will require additional space. We are limited on where parties can be held outside of the classroom. The teacher will also need to know if additional supplies are needed, any special set-up like extra tables or garbage cans, etc. The teacher can then fill out the Activity Form in the office and the party can be included on our school web calendar.