Articles of Confederation
- included a unified army for the states
- set up a legislature where each state had one vote
- was able to build and control an army
- had the ability to deal with foreign countries
- national government couldn't enforce laws
- national government couldn't tax
- needed 9 out of 13 states approval to pass a law
- needed all 13 to amend a law
- no executive or judicial branch
- caused the states to suffer
Why did the writers of the Articles of Confederation create a weak central government?
They did this because they had a fear of a strong central government abusing its power like Britain did.