Jaguar Tracks for Families
January 19, 2021
Let’s keep the positive growth going with the coordinated efforts between home and school.
Remember, you can/should read with your child each night. Students need to read with you for
(1) a fluent model of what reading sounds like,
(2) seeing that you value the practice needed to grow as a reader,
(3) continued practice of strategies and skills learned at school, and
(4) quality time for you and your child.
Thank you for your continued support at home!
Review the COVID-19 protocols on our website as a reminder of what to expect.
Joshua Eaton Reminders:
- Doors open & students begin to sign on @ 8:10
- Morning Work @ 8:10 -8:25
- School starts @ 8:25
- The dismissal bell rings @ 2:45
- Car tags must be hung on car visor or placed on the dash of the car to pick up car riders
- Send a note with your student if changing transportation home
- Students receive a free lunch every day
For families who are walking home via Oak St, please be sure to stay on the sidewalks as you leave JE to help keep everyone safe!!
COVID TESTING and Mitigation Measures
We appreciate all of our parents and students continuing to follow the procedures to stay safe during this time. Please make sure your Jaguar wears a clean, new mask daily. If they forget their mask, we have them available. Students need to continue to bring a water bottle to school for the bottle filler stations.
If you need to drop off something at JE, outside the regular supply dropoff times, please call the mainline, 781-942-9161, and someone will assist you.
Our staff is doing everything possible to keep your Jaguar safe.
Joshua Eaton Lunch Menu
Grade 5 YEARBOOK!!!
Hello 5th Grade Families!
Time to get going on the Yearbook! We are in the final stages of deciding the best way to receive and organize all of the pictures so in the meantime, please locate any photos taken on school grounds from kindergarten through this year and we will be in touch shortly on how to submit.
Please contact Rachel Hitch or Julie Ross at JEYEARBOOK2021@gmail.com with questions.
Joshua Eaton News
Student Absences - IMPORTANT
There are two ways to do that prior to 7:45 am of the morning the student is absent:
1. Call 781-942-9161, Dial 1 - leave a message
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Learning Reminders
- Designating a home workspace that is free from distractions;
- Participating in daily virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Dressing appropriately when participating in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing their faces on the screen when engaging in virtual check-ins/class meetings;
- Showing proof of participation in daily virtual instruction by satisfactorily completing assignments to demonstrate evidence of student learning ie. video, picture, or activities submitted as lessons and/or completing assignments; and
- Communicating with the teacher when there is a need for additional assistance, tutoring, etc.
JE School Supply Pick-Up - Next Pick-up January 21st
PE Weekly challenge with Ms. Cucinotta
Student Council News
Student Council is sponsoring our annual Spirit Week! The week of 1/25-1/29. Feel free to take photos and email them to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to be posted on the Joshua Eaton Facebook page!
January 25th -January 29th
Monday- Pajama Day (remote students may have stuffed animals)
Tuesday- Fun Accessory Day
Wednesday- Wacky Wednesday
Thursday- TV/ Movie Character Day
Friday- Show your Joshua Eaton School Pride
Superintendent Virtual Office Hours
- Now that we have begun the school year, we will be restarting the Superintendent Virtual Office Hours. Office hours will be scheduled in 20 minutes blocks of time on Microsoft Teams. If you would like to schedule an office hour, please complete this link.
RPS Food Distribution
School Committee Meeting this Thursday
Office of Student Services
Special Education Support
If you have any questions about your student’s IEP or services please reach out to our building Team Chairperson, Shana Goldwyn at Shana.Goldwyn@reading.k12.ma.us
Office of Student Services Office Hours
As this year comes to a close, we wanted to thank you for all that you do. This has been a challenging year for all and we couldn't have done it without the support you've provided to your students and the school. As Russel Johnson, the Director of Special Ed for DESE always says, 'We are only stronger when we work together'. We are all looking forward to a new year!
Prior to leaving for vacation, we wanted to let you know of our Office Hours for January. We have enjoyed meeting with families during this time and encourage you to sign up if you have any questions or concerns for us. Please use the link below to select a time to meet with us. Prior to your scheduled time, a ZOOM link will be sent to you via email. Please be sure to include your email address when you sign up.
Office Hours for January
Wednesday 1/20 @ 3-4 pm
Monday 1/25 @ 10-11 am
Link to the Doodle Poll to sign up for Office Hours:
Jen and Allison
Family Support Resources
Please be reminded of these amazing resources, if your family is in need:
- RPS Behavioral Health Resources linked here.
- Town of Reading: compiled resources linked here.
- RCASA and Mental Health Support linked here.
- St. Vincent de Paul linked here.
- Free & Reduced lunch access: sign up here.
- Reading Food Pantry linked here.
- Project Bread link here.
- Residential Financial Assistance (Rent/Mortgage) link here. (New resource! Check it out!)