Building the healthiest plate...!
Alaysha Bailey and Brianna Moore
What to have on your plate...
- You have to make sure you have fruits and vegetables on your plate
- Make at least half your grains whole
- You can vary your protein food choices
About your food...
- Choose 100% grains for bread, pasta, cereals and crackers
- Eat red, orange and dark green vegetables
- Try calcium- fortified products as a alternative
What to check in with in foods...
- Good amount of protein
- The amount of calories
- No generic foods
Try to stay away from fried and greasy foods
Eat beans! They are a natural source of protein as well as fiber.
Make seafood your protein of choice at least 2 times a week.