Summit High School
I hope that our students are feeling settled-in with their new Term 3 classes. Just a friendly reminder that we still have student support time available every day between 8:00 - 9:00 AM, as well as from 1:05 - 3:10 OPM on Wednesdays.
- There is no school on Monday, February 8th, in recognition of President Lincoln’s birthday. Enjoy your day off!
- A return to light conditioning for athletes has been announced by FUSD!!! There are many protocols that must be followed. The anticipated start is the week of February 15 for the sports that worked out in November (this year's Winter Sports) and the week of March 1 for all other sports (this year's Spring Sports).
- We will have sport physicals on campus on Wednesday, February 10th, at 3:30 PM. Please arrive early as doors will close promptly at 4:30 PM. Cost is $10.00, CASH ONLY. Please bring a printed copy of your Health Insurance card with you. Students, you must wear a mask, have your temperature taken, and maintain social distance. Please see Summit’s Athletic Home Page for more information (https://www.fusd.net/domain/1842) or contact our Athletic Director, Robert Peterson, at email@example.com.
- We still have our Grab and Go meals each Wednesday between 9:00 - 11:00 AM and between 2:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Calling all Seniors! Come and pick-up your Senior Packages on Wednesday, February 10th, between 2:00 - 5:00 PM. You’ll need to get into the Grab and Go meal line in the North parking lot. Second to None- 21!!!!
- February is Black History Month and we’re celebrating by having an Essay & Art Contest! All entries are due no later than February 24th by 5 PM emailed to Mr. Cerda at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info on our Summit website.
- Parents, I would like to strongly encourage you to check Parent Q frequently to see how your student is doing. If you have any questions about logging in to “Q”, how to interpret it, etc. please contact our Outreach Liaison, Tilly Mata, at email@example.com. She’ll be more than happy to work with you.
- Please mark your calendars for another three-day weekend and no school on Monday, February 15th, in honor of President’s Day.
- I’m excited to announce that construction begins on Monday for our new track and field! Hopefully, you can drive by occasionally and watch the progress. It’s been a long time in coming, but it’s going to be awesome once it’s completed.
- We have an AAPAC meeting on Tuesday, February 16th at 6:00 PM. If you would like to attend, please contact Mr. Hannon at (909) 357-5950 ext. 15378 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Fontana Adult School is offering “Getting Started with Computers” workshops. Morning and afternoon sessions begin on February 10th. These workshops are provided in-person at the Adult School, and they’re FREE! For more information, please call Fontana Adult School at (909) 357-5490.
Just a reminder that due to the pandemic, most employees are working remotely. The best way to contact one of us is through e-mail, and you should receive a quick reply. We’re still readily available to support you. Listed below are some of our more popular e-mails:
Mr. Cerda ASB Director: email@example.com
ASB Bookkeeper: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Tedder, AP Coordinator email@example.com
Ms. Kiggins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ciprian: email@example.com
Ms. Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gonzalez-Torres: email@example.com
Ms. Buoye: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Murillo: email@example.com
Mr. Lopez, Assistant Principal 12th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hannon, Assistant Principal 11th Grade: email@example.com
Mr. Peterson, Athletic Director and 10th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Guerrucci-Pierce, Assistant Principal 9th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Castanon, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an e-mail that is not listed here, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll provide it.
As always, stay up to date with our website, feel free to contact us at any time, and thank you for all your support.
Have a great week!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2020-2021 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade & Athletic Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: MO - ROD
Last names: ROJ - Z