Middle School South News....
August 22, 2017
Message from Mrs. Hanna...
Welcome to Middle School South! Our first week has been amazing. I am looking forward to the rest of the school year and upcoming activities. Be on the lookout for Middle School South News..this is the electronic newsletter I send out every 2 weeks to keep our parents informed. Let's have a great school year!
If you have another email you would like for me to use or you would like to be removed from the Middle School South News...please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal, Cabot Middle School South
The following guidelines outline appropriate dress in Cabot’s schools:
- All students shall wear shoes;
- Young men shall wear sleeved shirts.
- Young women may wear sleeved blouses and shirts or sleeveless blouses and shirts with broad shoulder straps that cover the shoulders; undergarments may not be visible
- Pants, shorts, dresses and skirts will be no more than four (4) inches above the knee. Long dresses cannot have a slit that exceeds 4 inches above the knee standard;
- For all clothing with waistbands, the top of the waistband must be no lower than the top of the hipbone;
- Dress codes for the graduation ceremonies will be determined by the high school principal. Clothing and accessories not allowed include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tank tops and tops with spaghetti straps;
- Pants with holes more than four inches above the knee with exposed skin or undergarments;
- Caps, hats, toboggans, etc;
- Clothing that displays obscenities, promotes violence, including pictures of guns or other weapons, has sexual implication/content or has reference to alcoholic beverages, tobacco or illegal substances;
- Chains (e.g. wallet chains);
- See-through blouses;
- Pajamas and house shoes;
- Other styles, hair, contacts or clothing that may disrupt school. The principal and sponsors shall have the authority and responsibility to regulate hair and dress codes for groups and organizations that represent Cabot Public School in extracurricular activities. Students engaged in extracurricular activities shall be subject to the regular dress code except while participating in physical education classes, pep rallies, dance team or cheerleader practice sessions, sports events or other special activities as designated by the principal.
News from the CMSS Counseling Center:
The mission of the Cabot Middle School South’s Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. School counselors partner with other educators, parents/guardians and the community support of the total educational program.
Jana Terrell, 5th Grade Counselor: email@example.com
Nicole True, 6th Grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know how we can help your child at CMSS.
Morning drop off is single lane. Please be aware of students crossing the crosswalk in the car rider line.
Afternoon pick-up is double stacked. The gate to the car-rider line will not be opened until 3:10 due to student recesses. By the end of the week we were able to clear Panther Trail by 3:45.
**AVOID pulling into the front parking lot to drop off or pick up your child. Students crossing in front of the car rider line is extremely dangerous. I ask that you continue to be patient.
**USE THE PROPER CAR RIDER LINE FOR YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY.
Click the button to view Cabot School District meal prices plus breakfast and lunch menus.
Candy bar fundraiser begins Sept 11th. Paperwork with permission to sell slips will be sent home next week.
Collect and send in box tops! Be sure to write your child's name on the bag along with team.
Collect and send in pop tabs from soda cans, canned fruit, pet food, vegetable cans etc. The team that collects the most will receive a prize!
Next PTO meeting is Wednesday, September 4th at 8:00 am in the cafeteria.
4 - No School
5 - Hallway Hero Training 6:00 p.m. at Central Administrative Office 602 N. Lincoln
8 - PTO Fundraiser Information Assembly
11 - Progress Reports go home
14 - Fall Pictures
26 - GT Open House 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
25th - 29th Spirit Week
29 - CHS Homecoming
2nd - 6th R.E.A.L. Friends Week (Grandparents Week)
17 - Parent/ Teacher Conferences
19 - Parent/ Teacher Conferences
20 - No School
24 - Fall Make-up Pictures
27 - Frontier Festival
Click the link to view the 2017-2018 Student Handbook.
HALLWAY HERO TRAINING
This will include a background check and information about district policies and procedures. If you completed Hallway Hero training last year, you only need to complete the background check.
Training is September 5th at 6pm at Central Administration Building 602 North Lincoln. Contact Michael Byrd at 843-3363 with any questions.
Click the Cabot Public Schools Website bar to take you directly to the District Homepage.
Free and Reduced Form is now available online!
Parents can now fill out free and reduced forms online! Check this out:
BOX TOPS MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT MIDDLE SCHOOL SOUTH
Remember to collect those BOX TOPS over the summer to help your upcoming class win some cool prizes!
To receive messages via text, text @mssparent to 81010. You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @mssparent.
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE?
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs. Visit remind.com to learn more
CABOT SCHOOLS APP!
Cabot Public Schools is proud to debut its new mobile app.
The app gives parents, students, staff and patrons direct and immediate access to school news, notifications, student info, resources and much more!
All this information is available in one place and right at your fingertips. It’s also free and just a single download away.
The free official Cabot Public Schools app is available right now in the App Store for iPhones and on Google Play for Android users.
If you have an iPhone, to get started visit the App Store and search for Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District. Once you find it, just click on it to download the app to your phone.
If you have an Android phone, you’ll go to Google Play, and again either search Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District and download it to your phone.
Once it’s downloaded, you’ll want to explore all the features available. It’s a great place to stay connected.
• Keep up-to-date on the district’s top news stories
• Customize your app to follow and get notifications from the district and/or school(s) of your choice
• Calendar of school events
• Find contact and staff information on each school and departments
• Access student information, grades, upcoming assignments, and cafeteria balances
• If you’re new to the district, find your school and your student’s bus route
• Lunch menus
• Pay cafeteria balances
• Resources for students, parents, faculty and staff
• Provide feedback, suggestions or contact the superintendent
Our new Cabot Public Schools app also automatically translates all this information into more than 50 languages. All you have to do is go to the Settings Icon and select your preferred language.
If you’re not able to download the app, don’t worry. We'll still continue distributing all our information just like we have before through social media, phone calls, texts, emails, website, school announcements, and newsletters. This new app is just another tool to help us connect with you.
*We encourage you to always follow the district (Cabot Public Schools) to keep up-to-date on important information.