NOT IN MY HOUSE
Not in my house!!! by Pavle Srdić
11 Facts About Cyber bullying
1. Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 has had it happen more than once.
2. 70% of students report seeing frequent bullying online.
3. Over 80% of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most common medium for cyber bullying.
4. 68% of teens agree that cyber bullying is a serious problem.
5. 81% of young people think bullying online is easier to get away with than bullying in person.
6. 90% of teens who have seen social-media bullying say they have ignored it. 84% have seen others tell cyber bullies to stop.
7. Only 1 in 10 victims will inform a parent or trusted adult of their abuse.
8. Girls are about twice as likely as boys to be victims and perpetrators of cyber bullying.
9. About 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out 10 say it has happened more than once.
10. Bullying victims are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider committing suicide.
11. About 75% of students admit they have visited a website bashing another student.
Please Remember That Words Really Do Hurt
Play the Digizen game to learn about cyberbullying and how you can support people who face negative online experiences. During a school day, consider the situation and make informed decisions as a digital citizen.
Thanks for taking the time to explore cyber bullying . Now that you are highly informed on the dangers of cyber bullying and the effects of cyber bullying, please take a moment to fill out this short survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.