How to protect yourself from these punks
Steps to avoid identity theft
Try to use cash instead of using a credit card or a debit card. Cash doesn't have to be canceled by the bank, and cash doesn't help in identity theft. If a credit card or debit card is stolen, immediatly contact the bank and tell them to cancel the card.
If your idenity is stolen.........
1) Place an inital fraud alert
2) Order your credit reports
3) Create an identiy theft report
Your identity may be stolen if...
1) You don't get bills or other mail
2) You are being charged for things you didn't buy
3) You have income coming in for someone you don't work for.