Tiger Choir Chronicles
Travis Tiger Choir Weekly Updates
January 22 - January 26
News for Everyone
Solo & Ensemble Updates
This information applies only to those students who signed up and paid an entry free to perform in the Solo & Ensemble Contest.
Solo and ensemble is a few weeks away on February 3rd at Hodges Bend MS. Our school's singing block is from 2-4 pm. Please reserve this time in your family schedule. I will set student individual singing times by the end of this week.
Solo Coachings: Students who do not have a private voice teacher are required to sign up for individual voice coachings with me. These will take place on January 23, 25, and 30. The sign up sheet is in the choir room for a time slot after school. Students may sign up for no more than 2 coachings.
Accompanist rehearsals: Mr. Tanner (our accompanist) will be at THS during the day to rehearse with students on Friday, January 26 and again on January 31. Students should have their solos learned and ready in preparation for these rehearsals.
THANK YOU to our generous Tiger Choir Sponsors!
Please consider supporting our local businesses who support our students! Click their logo below to explore their website!
Support THS Tiger Choir
- Help by purchasing needed items from our Amazon Wishlist posted on the choir website . Each of the items on the list will help us stay organized and support students in their choir success while allowing us to use the budget funds to purchase large items, music, and other supplies.
- Become a Choir Sponsor! If you or your business would be interested in becoming a choir sponsor, please email Mr. Miner for more information and how to donate! Our various donation levels are available to view here. No gift is too large or too small and goes directly to supporting the students of the THS Tiger Choir program!
Upcoming Schoology Assignments
Week 3: Key of B-flat Major Sightreading due Friday, January 26th by 11:59 pm
Events this Week
- Monday, January 22nd: School Board Meeting Performance (Chorale Only) 4:00 pm - 6:45 pm
- Monday, January 22nd: Varsity Treble Rehearsal 3:00-3:45 pm
- Tuesday, January 23rd: Solo & Ensemble Coachings (for those students signed up) 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, January 25th: Solo & Ensemble Coachings (for those students signed up) 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Monday, January 29th: Varsity Treble Rehearsal 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 30th: Solo & Ensemble Coachings (for those students signed up ) 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Saturday, February 3rd: Solo & Ensemble Contest @ Hodges Bend MS 2:00 - 4:00 pm
If you don't use Google Calendar, check out the choir website often where events are regularly posted and updated.
School Board Meeting: On Monday, January 22nd we will be performing the National Anthem at the School Board meeting. All students need to be at THS by 4:00 pm and are welcome to stay after school. We will have a brief warm-up, then depart by 4:20 pm in order to do a sound check at the Administration Building prior to the meeting. Uniform for this event is as follows:
- Tenors/Basses: Black Shirt tucked in with either black or khaki pants and nice shoes
- Sopranos/Altos: Either a black blouse with black or khaki pants, OR a SOLID black dress. Nice shoes should be worn with either option
The meeting begins at 6 pm and we will perform at the beginning. The bus will bring students back to THS following our performance.
Varsity Treble Rehearsals:
This announcement only applies to Sopranos and Altos in Chorale. This is a reminder of the remaining rehearsals for our Varsity Treble Ensemble. It is VERY important that all students are present at every rehearsal. The schedule was emailed out in December and only emergencies are considered excused absences. Please ensure your student is aware of the rehearsal schedule and makes arrangements to attend.
- Monday, January 22nd 3:00 pm - 4:15 pm
- Monday, January 29th 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, February 5th 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Monday, February 12th 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Monday, February 26th 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, March 4th 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, March 18th 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, March 25th 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, April 1st TBD
EVERYONE: Graduation for Travis has been announced to take place on Thursday, May 23rd at 7:30 pm at the new Fort Bend Epicenter. This is a required performance for all Chorale students so please be sure to mark your calendars now. Transportation will be provided for students.