May 25, 2020
A message from Mrs. Jerger
Student Property Pick-Up / School Property Drop-off
Registration for 2020-2021
End of Year Message from Mrs. Jerger
Student Property Pick-Up / School Property Return - TOMORROW
Kendall Elementary School’s pick-up day is scheduled for tomorrow,
TUESDAY, MAY 26TH.
You must drive to Kendall to pick up your child(ren)’s materials. In the case of rain or if you can’t come on the scheduled date, please contact email@example.com to schedule a make-up time for later this week.
The schedule for pick up is as follows, based upon students’ LAST NAME:
A - E 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
F - K 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
L - R 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
S - Z 12:30-1:30 p.m.
Parents will need to drive to the school to maintain social distancing. Walk-ups will not be allowed. If you are unable to drive to the school for pick, please contact me.
In the interest of safety for you and for our staff, we ask that you follow these procedures when you arrive for your scheduled pick up time:
- Please review the attached map for traffic flow. It is important that you review this map, as the traffic flow is slightly different than what typically occurs during student arrival/dismissal. Note: traffic should stage down Meadow Lake Dr. to make a right hand turn on to Pradel Dr. and a right hand turn into the parking lot circle. This traffic pattern has been reviewed and advised by the Naperville Police Department.
- Create a sign (8 ½ x 11 paper size) with your child(ren)’s last name in BOLD/BIG PRINT, followed by first name(s).
- Place the sign on the dashboard, visible to staff.
- Drivers should turn on their hazard flashers while they are in line.
- Be prepared to return library books, textbooks and/or BROKEN Chromebooks. Chromebooks should ONLY be returned if they are not working or your family is leaving the district. Place them in a plastic bag with your child’s name on the bag and put the bag in your car’s trunk. If your child has an item that belongs to their teacher, please label the item with their teacher’s name.
- Enter the car line,
- If you have medication or medical devices to pick-up from the school nurse, please drive your car into the front circle drive to the nurse’s pickup station. A staff member will bring items to you and place them in your trunk. Rejoin car line.
- If you do not have medication or medical devices, remain on Meadow Lake, turn right onto Pradel and enter parking lot circle drive.
- Once your car reaches the designated spot, please open the trunk and/or side door. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. A staff member collect the items in your trunk that you are returning. Make sure your child’s name is on the bag for the items you are returning.
- Pull forward to the next designated spot. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE. A staff member will place your child’s items in your trunk and close the trunk.
- Staff will not be going into the building to retrieve other items.
- Items not picked up by May 29 will be donated.
Thank you for your help in reviewing these important procedures and adhering to them when you come to pick up your child’s belongings tomorrow, May 26th. Please understand, in the interest of safety, we will have a minimal work crew present on this day. Students should not expect to see their teachers. Please contact me if you have questions about these outlined procedures.
Registration for 2020-2021 School Year
1. Registration: Official Online Registration for the 20-21 school year will begin on June 8th at 8:00 a.m. (See email from district sent 4/27/20).
2. Moving?: If you are MOVING this summer and will not be attending Kendall next year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to let her know. This information is critical for our section allocation for the 20-21 school year.
3. Kindergarten: If you have an incoming Kindergarten student, please see information below. Please share this information with any neighbors who may have a child entering Kindergarten in the fall.
Mentors Needed for New Kendall Families
We have so many unique and wonderful programs at Kendall Elementary and so much information for new parents to learn, and we want to make it easier and less overwhelming for them.
Please let us know if you are available to serve as a mentor parent for a new family joining the Kendall Community (whether they are enrolling in Kindergarten or any of the grade levels). Please also consider if you are fluent in another language so that we can partner you with a family who speaks that language. You will have access to a handbook containing items to review with the family.
Making Amazon purchases during your time at home? Did you know that Amazon will give .5% of eligible purchases to Kendall PTA? All you have to do is log on and shop through http://smile.amazon.com and select Kendall PTA as your charity of choice.