Red Hawk Elementary School
On-Campus COVID-19 Preventative Health and Safety Procedures
Information and Guidance for Families
Included below is a summary of our return to campus protocols to ensure students, families, and staff health and safety.
On-Campus AM/PM Schedule
Monday - At-Home Asynchronous Day
Tuesday-Friday - On-Campus Cohorts
AM Cohort Session: 8:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
PM Cohort Session 12:55 p.m. to 3:25 p.m.
WHAT WILL SCHOOL LOOK LIKE?
Check Out Our Welcome Video!
CDPH and TVUSD COVID-19 Safety Resources
TVUSD is required to provide COVID-19 testing resources for students. Families will be provided with information on how to obtain optional testing for their students.
Students who remain in the online instruction model will follow the same AM/PM schedule as the on-campus cohorts.
BEFORE SENDING YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL
DAILY AT-HOME STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Check students temperature (Must be under 100 degrees) without the aid of fever-reducing medicine
- Bring student mask/face covering
- Bring student personal refillable water bottle
- Bring student district-issued or personal iPad, Chromebook, or other compatible learning devices
- Bring student assigned instructional materials
- Have students eat a healthy breakfast.
- Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school. Meals are not consumed on campus.
ARRIVAL AT SCHOOL AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
STUDENT ARRIVAL/ENTRY - See Map Below
AM Cohort Student Drop Off: 8:35 AM - 8:45 AM
PM Cohort Student Drop Off: 12:45 PM - 12:55 PM
No student entry prior to 8:35 a.m. (AM) or 12:45 p.m. (PM).
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
Parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
For students with transportation services, the bus will enter campus and stop in the loop in front of the office. Aides and teachers meet students in specialized classes in front of office.
- Students will be entering and exiting through grade level identified gates. Signs will be posted on those gates as well as staff monitoring them.
- Students will enter classrooms through the outside door.
- If a student needs to go to the health office, the teacher will call the health clerk/LVN and the person will go directly to the classroom and assess the student outside of the classroom before escorting the student safely to the proper room (health office or transition room).
- Before arriving at school, parents will conduct a health self-check to ensure the safety of their child(ren) and others
- The gates will be open at 8:35(AM) and 12:45 (PM). Students are not to arrive at school, or exit their vehicle prior to 8:35 (AM) and 12:45 (PM). Parents of TK, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade students will be asked to drop off using the drive through loop in the main parking lot at the front of the school. Parents must stay in their cars.
- Parents of 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will be asked to drop off using the drive through loop next to the field. Parents must stay in their cars.
- Parents with students in different grade levels, may use the drop off loop for the youngest student.
- Any parents/families who walk students to arrival will need to walk students to the sidewalk at the street, in front of the school and have them walk to their designated gate. Staff will be near to support younger students. Walkers will also wait on the circles/markers to enter gates if gates are not opened. Parents can watch students from a distance but may not wait with them in line to minimize contact between families.
- SPED students who arrive by bus will arrive in the front loop and be met by a teacher or IA who will walk them to class.
- If students ride their bikes or scooters to school, they will park their wheels in the bike area closest to the gate they are entering
- Students will go through assigned gates based on the location of their classrooms; gates have clear signage to direct students
- Students will social distance as they walk to their classroom using the colored traffic flow signs posted on the ground
- Students will use the same traffic flow entering and leaving the classroom
Map of Drop off Path
LEAVING CAMPUS - PICK-UP PROCEDURES
AM Cohort Dismissal: 11:15 AM
PM Cohort Dismissal: 3:25 PM
Students will dismiss from their classroom through the outside door and follow the traffic patterns and utilize the same arrival/dismissal gate.
Parents may pick students up at the same gate through which they arrived.
For students with transportation services, aides and teachers accompany students to the front of the school to board the bus or meet parents.
- Dismissal for walkers/bike & scooter riders will be staggered so that they leave the classroom before students riding in cars are dismissed
- Walkers will be dismissed first and will follow the same traffic pattern and exit the same gate as they entered. If students walk home, they are to meet their parents and/or sibling(s) at a predetermined location in front of the school away from all the cones and lines or go straight home.
- Parents will wait for walkers in one of the assigned parent waiting areas on the sidewalk by the street.
- Students will follow the same traffic flow they used upon entering the gate
- For dismissal, all students will exit their same assigned teacher gate. Cones/marked areas will be situated around the front loop for students in each grade level to wait for their parents to pick-up. All students will follow the same traffic pattern leaving as arriving.
- Students are to social distance as they walk to the colored cone assigned to their grade at the front of the school.
- Students are to social distance as they wait in their designated grade level area at the front pick-up loop.
- Parents will drive in and be directed by staff to stop and safely accept their child(ren) into the car
- At this time, siblings will wait with their youngest sibling.
- It is important that no one hangs around outside of school and that everyone continues to social distance as they quickly move off-campus.
LUNCH AND NUTRITION
GRAB AND GO MEALS
- Student meals will be available for distribution for TVUSD students every Monday at all six TVUSD middle schools. Meals are not available at individual schools.
- All meals are to be consumed at home. Lunches - if participating in the PM cohort, students should eat lunch before coming to school. AM cohort students will eat lunch at home after school.
- Parents can pick up 7-day meal packs between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. at any of the six middle school locations every Monday.
Meal kits provided on Mondays will contain 7 lunches, 7 breakfasts, and enough fruits, vegetables, milk & juice for one complete week.
- TVUSD enrolled students do not have to be present. Parents can bring printout proof of enrollment from the Infinite Campus portal.
- Non-enrolled siblings under 18 years of age of enrolled TVUSD students may also receive meals. Non-enrolled siblings must be present.
TK/K: Rooms 1-4 Bathrooms
1st & 2nd: Rooms 5-11 Bathrooms
3rd: Rooms 12-16 Bathrooms
4th: MPR Bathrooms
5th: Rooms 17-22 Bathrooms
Rooms 15 & 16: Internal attached Bathrooms
Soap, hand sanitizers, and paper towels will be available.
Handwashing and physical distancing signs will be displayed.
Classrooms and mutual spaces on campus will be disinfected daily between 11:15 and 12:45.
Classrooms and mutual spaces on campus will be disinfected nightly by custodians utilizing an electrostatic sprayer.
Safety Data Sheets regarding all cleaning products being used are available on the following website - Please CLICK HERE.
No parents on campus unless a prior meeting has been arranged.
If meeting has been pre arranged, parents must enter through the front office for health screening and to sign-in.
Unfortunately at this time, no parent volunteers will be allowed on campus.
Child care hubs will be available, with limited space, at most elementary school campuses. The AM/PM schedule will coincide with your child's AM/PM learning schedule and will be available during the students’ asynchronous learning time. Child care hub hours of operation will be 8:15 am to 3:55 pm. To be considered for enrollment, parents must submit the electronic form below.
As many families' learning model confirmations may be predicated on securing childcare, TVUSD's Childcare Department will confirm your child care enrollment status, based on space availability, by Thursday, February 25, to allow families to complete the learning confirmation survey by Friday, February 26.
If you are interested in childcare as part of your child's on-campus learning model, please complete the registration form below as soon as possible. If a program at one site reaches capacity for some reason, we will make every effort to contact the parent needing childcare to discuss options at other sites that may be available.
The application window closes on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, to ensure notifications by Thursday, February 25.
Questions should be directed to TVUSD's Childcare Department. Please email email@example.com.
General education transportation will be provided in accordance with board policy to the following elementary school campuses:
- Crowne Hill Elementary School (CHES)
- Redhawk Elementary School (RHES)
- Tony Tobin Elementary School (TTES)
- Vail Elementary School (VES)
- Rancho Elementary (RES) students attending Crowne Hill or Vail Elementary due to RES' closure
Parents who would like to submit a bus pass application for their student attending one of the above schools may do so on the Transportation website beginning March 1st. Bus passes will be processed once AM/PM class assignments have been finalized.