First Grade News
Pride, Passion, Purpose
Larkspur's Big Rocks!!!
1.) All students will use academic vocabulary when speaking in class in complete sentences.
2.) All students will use their voice and participate in partner, group, and whole class discussions.
3.) Teachers will provide high quality core instructions and students will have opportunities to learn in multiple ways.
Programa Dual/ Dual Language Program
October 17-21 Octubre 17-21
- Palabras de la semana/Words of the week: pide, nube, miran, tiene, una
- Words for this week: fun, has, are, do, bell, fell, tell, sell, smell, spell,
- volver a leer/back-up and read
- Reading strategies continue: cross-checking
- Print awareness
- taller de escritura/writing workshop
- Writing in sequential order
- Representando problemas de sumas y restas con objetos
- Representing word problems with objects
- Propiedades de la materia
- Properties of matter
Estudios sociales/Social Studies
- Leader in Me
Upcoming dates to remember!
Dates to Remember!
Red Ribbon Week: October 24 - 28
Fundraiser Item/prize pick up: Friday, October 28th
Fall Festival: Friday, October 28th, (5:30-7:30)
Bookfair: October 31st - November 4th