STAR WARS WEEK
This week you will learn all about the solar system!
All about Space!
There's a launch scheduled May 27th. America is finally putting Americans back in space. Demo of Launch
Google Earth to see the planets/moons
Passport to Space Activities (National Geographic for Kids)
NASA and NASA at Home Activities
Virtual Tours of NASA (AWESOME)
Astronomy Activities- paper towel roll star gazer
Great kid videos about the solar system
Space Games (Learning Games for Kids)
Wonderopolis- All of your questions about space are answered!
Brain Pop- Solar System Video and learning activities
Summer in Space (16 things to download and do!)
- Create a space ship from items already at
- Use items from home to create a jetpack
- Make a model of the planets in our solar system
- Research and/or read a book about your favorite planet
- Make a planet notebook with facts about each planet
- Write a story about what you think it would be like to land on one of the planets and explore it. What would you find?
- Watch the live rocket launch on tv May 27th
- Learn all about a famous astronaut. What do they have to do to become an astronaut?
- Create your own planet! What will it look like? Is there life on your planet? What temperature is it on your planet? Name your planet!
- Oreo Cookie Moon Phases Fun!
- Make a solar system mobile!
- Build your own rocket using toilet paper or paper towel rolls!
Crew Dragon Launch Day Timeline: From Suit up to Docking with the ISS
Watch a real live launch!
See below for links and information, as well as some fun activities!
Max Goes to the Moon Reading
If I Were an Astronaut