Teens Who Smoke Are At Risk?
By: Emily Bradley
Teens who smoke can develop many different disease in the body. One of the parts a teen or anyone who smokes are at risk in the Central Nervous System (CNS). The CNS is an important part in the body, it takes nerve cells and travels to and from the brain. When you inhale the chemicals the nicotine only takes about 8 seconds to reach the brain. The chemical dopamine goes into the body and it is active in the brain for 20-40 mins. Adrenalin is released from the body. Some studies have shown that smoking can cause pain on the spinal cord. The nicotine takes over the receptors and can control it in some way. You can also become more sensitive and stimulated to different things. Your mood can be effected from smoking. Smoking can do many different things to your body, some people feel the need to smoke because they think that it helps relax them in away when they are in a stressful situation and they think that they should smoke to make themselves feel different. This happens because your body thinks that you need that drug but that little amount didn't make it happen so you need more for it to work in the body. But you don't. The risk of smoking can cause cancers, frequent colds, chronic bronchitis, and many more things.
Get The Facts
- 90% of all adult smokers started when they were kids.
- The leading cause in of diseases, disabilities and deaths in the United States is from smoking.
- Smoking harms every organ in the body.
- 16 million people who smoke have one disease from smoking.
- Smoking is one of the worlds lagers trading industry.
- More than 20 million people have died because of smoking since 1964.
- About 2.5 million people have died from exposure to secondhand smoking.
- Average smokes die about 13-14 years earlier than non-smokers.
- Not just smokers die from smoking secondhand smoking kills people too.
- When you smoke you are just paying yourself to destroy your body.
- There are more than one organization out there to help you stop smoking.
On November 21 it is national lung cancer awareness month. They do this to help people quit and stop damaging there bodies. Smoking in the body can cause many different effects and make it worse than before.