Divine Providence School
April 29, 2021 Home and School Connection
Earth Day projects
What can you do with extra recycling material? Well, the middle school students at DP have been busy collecting, engineering, and using their creative energy in their science classes. The 5th-8th graders have engineered either a Chicago landmark, a portrait, or any kind of object. Each student had to work by themselves to reuse any household recycled items.
Our collection ranged from robots to the famous Adler Planetarium. Let's help our world
by setting the example of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Think GREEN!
We love our DP Bubble Free t-shirts courtesy of our FSA!
To celebrate our DP Family and a successful school year, the FSA would like to gift all students and staff a "We Love our DP Bubble" t-shirt. Please fill out the form below to indicate what size t-shirt you would like. Please complete a separate survey for all of your DP students.
Thank you for all being a part of this wonderful school community!!
Planning for 2021-2022
Mrs. Pavilonis will be leaving us to start the life or retirement! She has been with our school for a long time and she has been a great asset to our students. We will miss seeing all the science projects she has done with the students, including the egg drop this year with the Westchester Fire Department! We will surely miss her, but look forward to her still coming around to help substitute when she isn't spending time with her grandchildren.
Miss Minneci will also be leaving at the end of this year to pursue a new journey in education. Miss Minneci has brought technology to the Middle School this year by her knowledge of Google Classroom. She has had students working on great projects such as the history fair and helped our students through some tough exams like the State and Federal Constitutions.
Bring everything needed to school!
"No materials other than an electronic device, lunch or water bottles are to be dropped off."
As a reminder, no items should be brought to school if they are forgotten at home and we will no longer allow students to call home for missing items other than their electronic device, lunch or water bottle.
Refer a new family and get a BIG discount!
You can receive $500 off tuition next year by referring a new family! You can receive more than one discount if you refer more families. (You would receive the discount at the end of the 21/22 school year provided the referred family has been current with all tuition payments)
NUT cards! All students who have registered for next year will receive a NUT card! This will give them Friday out of uniform days from March 12- June 4th! The first class to get 100% response about next year (either they are registered or have let us know you will not be returning) will get a pajama day!
Safe travels- Updated guidance from the Archdiocese of Chicago
- The Archdiocese of Chicago and Office of Catholic Schools follow the Chicago Emergency Travel Order, for domestic travel regardless of whether the traveler resides in the city of Chicago, Cook County or Lake County. In consultation with our medical advisors, we have updated our travel guidelines to conform to new guidance from public health authorities.
The following travel quarantine guidelines replace all prior guidance. Remember that public health departments discourage inter-state travel. We continue to recommend that Catholic school families and employees enjoy a safe spring break at home.
Domestic travel (state-to-state)
- No quarantine is necessary if the traveler is fully vaccinated, which is defined as two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination will be required to avoid quarantines.
- Individual must not have symptoms and must maintain strict masking and physical distancing. If a fully vaccinated individual does have symptoms, he or she must quarantine and consult with a health care provider.
- Domestic travel in states designated Orange on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map requires:
- Ten-day quarantine upon return if there is no negative pre-arrival test (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable) or the traveler is not fully vaccinated (see above for definition of fully vaccinated) OR
- A pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the school) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person out-of-school gatherings. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance, but no earlier than 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state. Any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable.
- For domestic travel in states designated as Yellow on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map, no quarantine or pre-arrival test is required. However, travelers must maintain strict masking and physical distancing.
Regardless of vaccination status, international travelers must follow CDC guidelines:
- Traveler is to be tested three to five days after their return to the U.S. and must quarantine for a seven-day period even if the post-arrival test is negative (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable).
- If traveler chooses not to take a test three to five days after their return to the U.S., he or she must quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated families and communities around the world over the past year. However, vaccines are a ray of hope against a killer virus and have gained the approval of public health authorities, Pope Francis and Cardinal Cupich. As communities of faith concerned about the sanctity of human life, our religious leaders and Catholic school heroes are not only encouraging everyone to get vaccinated but are rolling up their sleeves to get a life-saving vaccine themselves.
First day of school for the 2021-2022 school year will be August 19, 2021
Re-Registration for 2021-2022 School Year
We are now in the process of planning for the upcoming school year! Planning for our school budget, textbooks, resources and the programs we can offer is all impacted by our school’s enrollment. This year, we are going paperless! We are asking all our current families to recommit to Divine Providence Catholic School for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please complete re-registration HERE. The registration fee is $200.00 per family (non-refundable).
If you have any new student(s) in your household whom you plan on enrolling at Divine Providence for the next school year, please submit your child’s birth certificate, a new student application, immunization record and Baptismal certificate (if applicable) to Linda Hawkins, Director of Marketing and Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not planning on returning to DP for the 2021-2022 school year, please let the school office know. Thank you!
Click here for instructions on how to obtain necessary tuition documents for 2020.
IMPORTANT - If anyone in your household tests for COVID-19
The reality is that children may be positive with the slightest of symptoms. Always keep our school in your communication.
April Lunch *
April 30 - NO SCHOOL Teacher in-service
May 3 - Chicken Tenders
May 4 - Cheeseburger
May 5 - Popcorn Chicken
May 6 - Hot Dog
May 7 - Beef and Cheese Tacos
May 10 - Pizza Crunchers
May 11 - Breaded Chicken Sandwich
May 12 - Hamburger
May 13 - jumbo Cheese ravioli
May 14 - Roasted Chicken drumstick
May 17 - Mini corn dogs and hot pretzel bites
May 18 - Italian Cheese and Garlic cheesy pull apart
May 19 - Cheesy flatbread
May 20 - Salisbury steak with gravy
May 21 - Pizza dippers
May 24 - hot dog
May 25 - French toast sticks
May 26 - hamburger
May 27 - NO LUNCH, early dismissal
May 28 - rotini with meat sauce
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
* Menu subject to change
April 30 - NO SCHOOL, faculty inservice
May 1 - First Communion
May 11 - Late Start 9AM
May 27 - Early Dismissal
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
June 1 - Last day of school for 8th grade
June 1 - 8th grade Graduation at DI 6 PM
June 8 - Last day of school dismissal at 1:30 PM
2021 Early dismissal dates:
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
Divine Providence Staff 2020-2021
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2020-2021