Dragon Roar: 9.8.20, Week 4
Daring greatly in faith, academics, and service since 1960.
Today we celebrate our workers!
Happy Labor Day! We LOVED seeing PK and K on Friday and now, we begin our phase in for F2F instruction this week for 1st to 8th grade. You continue to dare greatly and persevere through so many new adventures. We are proud of you and cheering you on.
This week is going to be a deviation from the "norm" we have established online. I ask for your prayers and patience as we work together to lay the foundation for academic excellence for both our F2F AND Virtual students. Our hybrid schedule for the rest of the year will be in effect next week on Sept. 14.
What is going on this week?
- Tuesday to Friday: PK and Kinder will have a Half Day Hybrid with F2F and Virtual until 12PM. Schedule below!
- Tuesday and Friday: 1st to 8th Grade will have the normal virtual schedule
- Wednesday and Thursday: 1st to 8th will have F2F Safety Orientation. All 1st-8th graders will have self-directed/asynchronous work in their google classroom that teachers will explain on Tuesday.
- After School Care is open Tuesday to Friday from Dismissal to 5:30PM. RSVP Below.
All of this is building to our new HYBRID, Virtual/Face to Face Schedule that starts ALL DAY September 14.
Don't worry--I've included schedules below to support you this week!
We are all in this together, firmly rooted NO MATTER WHAT!
Ms. Salazar | Principal
PreK and Kinder on FIRE on Friday!
Building and Dancing
PK and K visited the makerspace to practice safely going to electives in rooms with lots of space. Loved your shakers you made for our morning dance parties!
Way to go Kinder!
Keep on wearing that PPE with pride. Love the pokemon, SC!
Love your Masks, PK!
1) Get Ready: Schedule, COVID Screening and ASC RSVP
Updates for Week 4
- SPORTS: Middle school, make sure you fill out Coach Garcia's Sports Survey sent out on Friday if you are joining!
- VIrtual Families--this week is not the norm for virtual instruction. We are phasing in our F2F students and teaching safety protocol so you will have self directed/asychronous work on Tuesday/Wednesday. Starting Sept. 14 you will see the full hybrid schedule. We thank you for your patience as we phase into our new norm.
- Building Sprayed and Ready to Go! JanPro coated every high touch surface in our school with EPA registered, safe, anti-microbacterial negatively charged coating "Enviroshield" that lasts for 6 months.
When is my orientation day? What will the schedule look like?
SCHEDULE FOR WEEK 4: Different Due to Orientation Days
- TUES-THURS: Morning Announcements will still happen at 8:30AM Tues-Thurs this Week for Virtual Students..
- TUES-THURS: Closing Prayer will be at 2:15PM for PK/K and usual 3:15PM for 1st to 8th for Virtual students.
- FRIDAY: Mass will be at 8:15AM on Friday via Zoom for ALL 1st to 8th Grade.
- ALL 1st to 8th Grade will follow the Master Virtual Schedule on Tuesday and Friday.
Save the Date: Family Orientation for Face to Face Instruction AND Virtual/Hybrid Families
Tuesday, Sep. 8th, 5:30-6:30pm
- Review Daily Arrival and Dismissal Schedule
- Explain logistics of Student Orientation Days 9/9 to 9/11
- Explain Hybrid model: what will virtual students do during this time?
- Discuss Safety Procedures and Daily Routine/Schedule for Face to Face AND virtual
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 362 174 5604
After School Care RSVP
Open Wednesday OR Thursday: 3:30PM to 5:30PM for 1st to 8th ONLY on your orientation day.
Reminder: Please Review Face to Face Safety Plan
COVID 19 SCREENING
Starting Sept. 14 you will fill out a form on RenWeb/FACTS the first day of every week. Your temperature will be taken everyday.
2) Get Set: Upcoming Events & Schedule
September 14 and beyond: F2F AND Virtual Concurrent Schedule
This is our official hybrid schedule starting September 14.
August and September Dates to Save
Mon, Sept. 7: No School, Labor Day
Tues, Sept. 8: Family Orientation for Face to Face Instruction with Hybrid Model, Review NEW schedule: 5:30PM to 6:30PM on Zoom
Wed, Sept. 9- Thursday, Sept. 10 Face to Face Orientation Day, Date Assigned
Mon, Sept 14: Face to Face Instruction begins for PreK to 8th Grade, Virtual Students Zoom in with NEW schedule
- Please note: Morning care available starting at 7AM (free of charge), After school care until 5:30PM (ASC rates apply--Monthly or 1 business day notice drop-in)
- First Period Start Times: 7:30AM for Prek/K, 7:45AM for 1st-4th, 8AM for 5th to 8th
- Dismissal: 2:45PM-3PM for Prek/K, 3-3:15PM for 1st-4th, 3:15PM-3:30PM for 5th to 8th
Friday, Sept. 18: Half Day
11:30AM Dismissal for Prek/K
11:45AM for 1st-4th
12:00PM for 5th-8th
Full Year Academic Calendar
Face to Face Instruction Phase In Plans
3) Let's Go: Highlights from the Week, Links for Virtual School and Today's Gospel
Practicing safety to still have fun!
PK and K practiced going to their specials. We can still have fun while being safe! Thank you for following all your directions with pride and smiles under those masks!
Ready for the day with water bottle, mask, and SMCS uniform! Go RH!!
Need Help? Need Team Emails?
Daily Class VIRTUAL Schedule
23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time: God calls us to Help Others!
Children's Liturgy of the Word, Sept. 6, 2020
Above all, trust in the slow work of God.
We are quite naturally impatient in everything to reach the end without delay.
We should like to skip the intermediate stages.
We are impatient of being on the way to something unknown, something new.
And yet it is the law of all progress
that it is made by passing through some stages of instability—
and that it may take a very long time.
And so I think it is with you;
your ideas mature gradually—let them grow,
let them shape themselves, without undue haste.
Don’t try to force them on,
as though you could be today what time
(that is to say, grace and circumstances acting on your own goodwill)
will make of you tomorrow.
Only God could say what this new spirit
gradually forming within you will be.
Give Our Lord the benefit of believing
that his hand is leading you,
and accept the anxiety of feeling yourself
in suspense and incomplete.
Prayer of Teilhard de Chardin
Saint Monica, PRAY FOR US!!!