The School Newsletter for Central Elementary Families
March 6, 2015
Rachel's Challenge: A PCSC Community Event
The Plainfield Community School Corporation would like to invite you to one of the best programs we've ever brought to the Plainfield community. Rachel's Challenge is a community event based on the life and writings of Rachel Scott who was the first victim of the Columbine school shootings in 1999.
Superintendent Scott Olinger had the opportunity to hear Rachel’s father speak at a conference prior to Christmas break. The impact of that speech urged him to bring this program to PCSC families and students.
Rachel’s Challenge will be held in the Plainfield High School auditorium on Tuesday, March 10, 2015, at 6:00 PM.
Congratulations to Mrs. Szepski's class, Mrs. Weaver's class, Mrs. Trempe's class, Mrs. Maple's class, Mrs. Leckrone's class, and Mrs. Mosier's class for having the top total number of minutes being read in their grade.
Congratulations to Mrs. Szepski's class, Mrs. Weaver's class, Mrs. Mogg's class, Mrs. Kuhne's class, Mrs. Tobey's class, and Mrs. Mosier's class for raising the most money in their grade.
Thank you to everyone who encouraged their children to participate in this fun activity!
New Resource for Parents
Honoring Exceptional Employees
It's that time of year again! We are now taking nominations for ROSE Awards - an opportunity to Recognize an Outstanding School Employee deserving special recognition for outstanding qualities, activities, efforts or contributions. All administrative personnel, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria staff, certified staff, counselors, custodians, nurses, and transportation staff are eligible. Don't miss this opportunity to acknowledge our great PCSC employees! Submission deadline is March 20, 2015.
Activities for Children and Families
Central Elementary Calendar
Here are some special days or events that you will want to know about.
- IREAD-3 testing for 3rd grade students starts on Thursday, March 12, 2015. Good luck 3rd graders!
- The Kindergarten Music Program is at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2015.
- Friday, March 13, 2015 is the end of the 3rd grading period. Progress reports/Report cards will be sent home with students on Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
- PCSC Kindergarten Round-up will be on April 8th and 9th from 9:00-2:00 pm and again from 5:00-7:00 pm at Clarks Creek Elementary. Please enter through Door 5.
- Click HERE for information about our April 24, 2015 Walkathon.
- The Little Quakers Academy will begin accepting applications for 2015-2016 enrollment in its community preschool program beginning February 1, 2015. Look for registration information to be posted on the Little Quakers Academy website.
To view more upcoming activities and events happening at Central Elementary, check out our school calendar by clicking HERE or by going to http://www.plainfield.k12.in.us/cn.